ESPN Top 5 B1G Student Sections

Mavric

Wasn't sure where to put this:

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 9m

Interesting comments from @SharpeGreg on the @OWHBottomLine about #huskers brass analyzing student seating at Memorial Stadium.

Anyone have any info?

No info, but with the swell of good decisions being made in our AD lately (no, this is not sarcastic) and with Eichorst fully in control I'd like to think he's more in touch with the need for an intimidating and respectable student section.

More important than even the student section issue i think is Nebraska being the pioneer in this conference and paving the way for November primetime games. Lets show this conference how its done. From my understanding its not against conference rules.

We just need a network to pick up the games and get it in primetime we HAVE to do it. Just one more thing to give us a leg up on everyone else in the conference and eventually others will follow suit. Nebraska needs to take point, and bring this conference back to relevance and save it.

And hell, even if other conference schools dont follow suit we need to do it for US and our brand!!

More important than even the student section issue i think is Nebraska being the pioneer in this conference and paving the way for November primetime games. Lets show this conference how its done. From my understanding its not against conference rules.

We just need a network to pick up the games and get it in primetime we HAVE to do it. Just one more thing to give us a leg up on everyone else in the conference and eventually others will follow suit. Nebraska needs to take point, and bring this conference back to relevance and save it.

And hell, even if other conference schools dont follow suit we need to do it for US and our brand!!

Well we need to at least get ONE other school to follow suit, otherwise we won't be playing anyone in that primetime game...

Wasn't sure where to put this:

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 9m

Interesting comments from @SharpeGreg on the @OWHBottomLine about #huskers brass analyzing student seating at Memorial Stadium.

Anyone have any info?

Found the audio on TBL web site. Nothing really interesting other than saying the administration is at least considering that. They talked about being behind the visitors bench like basketball. Sharpe didn't think that was very likely but speculated that they could go across the bottom of the south end zone like tOSU, PSU and others. That would be interesting but I wonder how the other season ticket holders would think about moving.

Sharpe didn't think that was very likely but speculated that they could go across the bottom of the south end zone like tOSU, PSU and others. That would be interesting but I wonder how the other season ticket holders would think about moving.

This has been my idea for years. South stadium is set up perfectly for it (left side):

Memorial Stadium - NE.gif

Take the entire bottom third, since it's already split with a walkway and railings at the top, and give it to the students. You increase the section size by a bit, not a ton, but you also give them prime seating which would (possibly along with an incentive/punishment program) rectify the lack of attendance issue.

All you really need to do is lower the concrete on that bottom section 2 feet or so. That way the students are close, they can stand, the people behind them can see, and we are golden.

All you really need to do is lower the concrete on that bottom section 2 feet or so. That way the students are close, they can stand, the people behind them can see, and we are golden.

That would be great but this would not be an easy task. I'm not even sure you could - can't remember for sure what's under it.

I asked this before but I forget what people said...how is the student seating now? Don't you get in line, get a wristband and then sit just in a general section?

Also, is it easy for students to sneak in booze?

I remember one game, vs UCLA (I think) It was crazy hot and someone brought it Hot 100...gross!

I asked this before but I forget what people said...how is the student seating now? Don't you get in line, get a wristband and then sit just in a general section?

I remember one game, vs UCLA (I think) It was crazy hot and someone brought it Hot 100...gross!

East stadium gets wristbands, south stadium doesn't. Otherwise, yes, it's a free for all as soon as the gates open, and also pretty effortless to sneak in alcohol.

East stadium gets wristbands, south stadium doesn't. Otherwise, yes, it's a free for all as soon as the gates open, and also pretty effortless to sneak in alcohol.

It's easy to get booze in but once inside I guess they have cameras that are looking for students drinking. They also have security patrolling and watching the students. I found out the hard way and got slapped with an MIP at the Iowa game.