so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

The AAU debacle is one knock that I can think of, it's debatable whether it's really that big of a deal though. I think they also dialed back they're enrollment goals for the next few years. Again not a huge deal. Harvey's no spring chicken, so there's that. Not academically related but he does serve as the chairman of the BCS oversight committee, and he was a part of the problem with the bowl systems more than he was the solution.

I've personally never cared for him, he just comes off as too pompous. That being said other than typical student complaints of ridiculous tuition rates (which is actually comparatively low) and general dislike of authoritarian figures I can't really see a reason to fire him. He has done far more positive things for the University than Negatives, if anything his only negatives center around the athletic department. Like Enhance said enrollment is up under his watch. They are constructing Innovation Campus, which could be huge for UNL. The CB3 center in east stadium is complete and is the first venture of it's kind. Colleges such as the Physics and Business departments have or are being upgraded. New recreational facilities and student housing are being constructed. And all this while seeming to have the college's state funding cut annually.

I'm not sure this puts him on the hotseat, but he bungled that B1G revenue deal when we switched conferences. Proof is what Maryland got as a deal. Perlman basically told the world that NU needed to leave the B12, which gave the B1G all the leverage when negotiations came around. I can understand TO maybe getting taken advantage of, but Perlman is a lawyer. Seems like a pretty poor job.

I'm not sure this puts him on the hotseat, but he bungled that B1G revenue deal when we switched conferences. Proof is what Maryland got as a deal. Perlman basically told the world that NU needed to leave the B12, which gave the B1G all the leverage when negotiations came around. I can understand TO maybe getting taken advantage of, but Perlman is a lawyer. Seems like a pretty poor job.

I don't know if Maryland is proof, they just had to have the money if they were joining the conference or they would exist. The one way I did see him bungling it it waiting till, I think 2017, to get full revenue. 5 years should have been enough, an extra year with full revenue would have been pretty nice for the AD.

Da skers has elludued to the Perlman situation many times. Go back and read some of his post and you will understand what Mr. Account is talking about. It is no secret that Perlman and Bo do not get along and that Bo has more backing from boosters then Perlman does.

Pelini having full support top to bottom and his shortcomings being 100% his fault are completely laughable. It's a system, and right now the system is broken. Getting fixed. But still broken. Perlman's seat is 100 times hotter than Pelini's right now by the way.

I can truly say I don't think anyone in this thread has said or implied what you are saying here Accountability. I can go back through and read again, but ive been checking in on this thread quite a bit and i havent seen a single person say Bo has full support of all involved top to bottom. Nor have i seen anyone say Bo's shortcomings are 100% his fault. Its idiotic to even have that thought considering all the contributing factors. Theres no possible way to lay 100% of anything at anyones feet. Statements like this just bring an argument into the conversation that hasnt even been made, and its completely false. Also, I think you might be over stating Perlmans "hot seat" a bit, but I think there have been rumors, (mainly around here), of him being in an unfavorable position right now.

it's the argument I brought. I know what youre saying is correct, that those things have not been said. But I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I'll just say it. And it's an issue that is holding us back more than ANYTHING. In the words of Bo, if they wanna fire him, then fire his ass. But for Christ's sake, quit f'ing off. If youre keeping him around, then get behind him and quit undermining his ass. Perlman should just step down and get his arrogant, jealous ass out of the way so we can get the pride of our state finally restored.

Perlman's hotseat is not overstated. In fact, he's probably on the way out as we speak. Whether is by want to or not. Maybe not today. Maybe not Monday. Maybe not this year. But he's already signed his resignation. He just dont know it yet. His hiring of Eichorst will turn out to be the final epic failure on his long list of failures. Obviously Shawn is in over his head. He showed us all that in November. And had it not been for an order from TO himself, Eichorst never wouldve issued what little statement he did. It's a sad state of affairs in the administration really.

Perlman has done nothing but stand in the way of the engine that makes not only the whole University, BUT THE WHOLE STATE, hum along. The football program is everything. He f'd it all up, and then had to cry to TO to come fix it. He did, then obviously his arrogance and jealousy got in the way again. These used to just be opinions and speculations of mine. But after what I've heard the last week or so, it's well beyond that. I'll just have to stand by my assumptions, knowing that I'll catch some hell for it. But i also know there will be just as many who agree, because they know too.

• Fire 1

Mr. A.........You are correct. Plus 1.

I'll take #9 or #10 over #5 anyday.

Why would you conclude that those are the possible options?

OK, I lied, I got a couple of minutes of downtime, Ill be your huckelberry.

Go ahead and fire your #9/#10 win coach again and youd better be happy with #5 wins. Listen to the podcast, even if you refuse to believe it.

(dang international PCs)

Da skers has elludued to the Perlman situation many times. Go back and read some of his post and you will understand what Mr. Account is talking about. It is no secret that Perlman and Bo do not get along and that Bo has more backing from boosters then Perlman does.

It's more than boosters at this point. The support of Bo-and if it's not that, it's a 180 degree anti-support of Perlman-has now spread throughout the board of regents. And the issues are beginning to stem beyond football as well. But again. Football is the main deal. It's the flagship. It's the motor that makes it all hum. That's why in 2007, when it was time to start cleaning house, we didnt mess around with coaches. We started right at the top with the AD.

Perlman has done nothing but stand in the way of the engine that makes not only the whole University, BUT THE WHOLE STATE, hum along. The football program is everything. He f'd it all up, and then had to cry to TO to come fix it. He did, then obviously his arrogance and jealousy got in the way again. These used to just be opinions and speculations of mine. But after what I've heard the last week or so, it's well beyond that. I'll just have to stand by my assumptions, knowing that I'll catch some hell for it. But i also know there will be just as many who agree, because they know too.

This is just wrong. Perlman is an excellent chancellor and has been great for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I would say that even if we had lost every football game since he had been here. We try and talk about what's important for the football team and sportsmanship, graduation rates, and staying out of trouble are always listed. The money the football team makes is a drop in the hat compared to the endowment and the federal research dollars (not to mention the tuition payments) that the university and Perlman deal with and manage.

UNL is a premier land-grand university that just happens to have a football team. I am proud to have attended UNL. I got to see a lot of great football games, but more importantly, I received a world-class education.

I'll take #9 or #10 over #5 anyday.

Why would you conclude that those are the possible options?

Go ahead and fire your #9/#10 win coach again and youd better be happy with #5 wins. Listen to the podcast, even if you refuse to believe it.

Again . . . why would you conclude that those are the possible options?

There's no need to appeal to authority unless, of course, you don't really have a strong argument. I don't (and you shouldn't either!) need a podcast to remind me what is plain to see.

This is just wrong. Perlman is an excellent chancellor and has been great for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I would say that even if we had lost every football game since he had been here. We try and talk about what's important for the football team and sportsmanship, graduation rates, and staying out of trouble are always listed. The money the football team makes is a drop in the hat compared to the endowment and the federal research dollars (not to mention the tuition payments) that the university and Perlman deal with and manage.

UNL is a premier land-grand university that just happens to have a football team. I am proud to have attended UNL. I got to see a lot of great football games, but more importantly, I received a world-class education.

Youre right. I did exaggerate the importance of the football program in relation to the University. But, and it is rather unfortunate that it is this way, people dont think of that stuff when they think of the University of Nebraska. They think football. And Harvey being an excellent chancellor? Well, that's just your opinion and you have a right to it. But i would bet that there are more than not that dont share it. I heard from some people who dont even know what football is who also think he's nothing more than an arrogant a-hole. So there's that side of the coin.