GameDay coming to Lincoln ........ maybe

Mavric

That's from Wikipedia. I thought we had a larger turnout than that but I could be mistaken.

I could have sworn that in 2001 we had more people than that for the Oklahoma game. They set up GameDay in one of the stadium tunnels, about a third of the stadium behind was full (or seemed that way), and the marching band (yay for me) came onto the field during the broadcast to make some noise. I know they said at the time it was a GameDay attendance record, but I have no idea what the numbers were. That was a hell of a lot of fun to be a part of though.

The 2001 crowd was a record in the 15,000's, and we had close to that with about 14k in 2007.

One of the husker tradition videos on youtube has a clip from gameday in 2001 showing the record, but I can't find it. Addict probably knows which one.

That's from Wikipedia. I thought we had a larger turnout than that but I could be mistaken.

I could have sworn that in 2001 we had more people than that for the Oklahoma game. They set up GameDay in one of the stadium tunnels, about a third of the stadium behind was full (or seemed that way), and the marching band (yay for me) came onto the field during the broadcast to make some noise. I know they said at the time it was a GameDay attendance record, but I have no idea what the numbers were. That was a hell of a lot of fun to be a part of though.

The 2001 crowd was a record in the 15,000's, and we had close to that with about 14k in 2007.

One of the husker tradition videos on youtube has a clip from gameday in 2001 showing the record, but I can't find it. Addict probably knows which one.

:45 mark

Does anyone know what our record is when Gameday is in Lincoln?

That's a good question. I went to espn.com to try to see if they post this sort of thing, but couldn't find it. I know we lost to USC during the idiot era, and we've beat Washington, and I can't remember if Gameday was in Lincoln when NU beat Oklahoma on the Stuntz to Crouch game. There has to be more, but it's early here and I haven't had enough coffee to think yet.

That's a good question. I went to espn.com to try to see if they post this sort of thing, but couldn't find it. I know we lost to USC during the idiot era, and we've beat Washington, and I can't remember if Gameday was in Lincoln when NU beat Oklahoma on the Stuntz to Crouch game. There has to be more, but it's early here and I haven't had enough coffee to think yet.

5-1.

1994 UCLA - W

1994 Colorado - W

1998 Washington - W

2001 Notre Dame - W

2001 Oklahoma - W

2007 USC - L

• Fire 2

Thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I thought we had over 20k but I also don't know where I got that number from.

5-1.

1994 UCLA - W

1994 Colorado - W

1998 Washington - W

2001 Notre Dame - W

2001 Oklahoma - W

2007 USC - L

I'm not doubting you...but gameday had NU twice in a year?! CU makes sense in 1994, but I don't remember UCLA at all.

Honestly, I don't want any of those fuckerz in Lincoln. EVER.
I want the team focused. Right now they have a mission and I don't want Kirk Douchestreet and Douchemond Howard desecrating Memorial Stadium.
List of things I care about/am concerned about pertaining to Husker Football right now:

1. The health of the team

2. The health of the Offensive Line, specifically

3. The Blackshirts may be back

4. Tommy Armstrong continues to grow and get better

5. Ameer is what we thought he was. And we thought he was damned good.

167. Am I bringing the beer or the brats to the tailgate next week?

247. Hope that group of Michigan State fans I met two years ago comes back. They were cool.

591. Note to self: Never Wash Lucky Red Underwear Again

1,274. My right ear kinda itches.

5,329. Should I make risotto with my spaghetti on January 7th, 2015?

10,217. I wonder if College Game Day is coming to Lincoln anytime soon

5-1.

1994 UCLA - W

1994 Colorado - W

1998 Washington - W

2001 Notre Dame - W

2001 Oklahoma - W

2007 USC - L

I'm not doubting you...but gameday had NU twice in a year?! CU makes sense in 1994, but I don't remember UCLA at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_of_College_GameDay_(football)