GameDay coming to Lincoln ........ maybe

Mavric

I really do not think the game is that important. It is the fan bases that will respond. Overall, they will get more interest from Clemson and FSU fans and the Southeastern area than a game at Nebraska. Numbers are what decide the match ups normally.

Gameday could literally not care less about the 20 year anniversary of Nebraska beating Miami.

any evidence to back this claim up?

When can you ever recall a time that nostalgia played a key role in determining where college gameday ended up, other than like the final game between schools moving conferences or something

Gameday could literally not care less about the 20 year anniversary of Nebraska beating Miami.

When can you ever recall a time that nostalgia played a key role in determining where college gameday ended up, other than like the final game between schools moving conferences or something

The nostalgia of Northwestern playing at wrigley?

• Fire 2

#14 ND @ #17 Michigan 2013

#18 UF @ #23 UT 2012

#2 Bama vs #24 UA 2011

SMU vs #11 Houston 2011

#6 Stanford vs USC 2011

That's all I could get from the wiki.

^ all of those involved two ranked, usually highly ranked, teams (with the exception of USC who is a 'sexy' pick regardless of their performance).

My point is if they end up coming here it will be because it looks like an awesome matchup between two good teams - not because we beat them twenty years ago.

^ all of those involved two ranked, usually highly ranked, teams (with the exception of USC who is a 'sexy' pick regardless of their performance).

My point is if they end up coming here it will be because it looks like an awesome matchup between two good teams - not because we beat them twenty years ago.

Gameday usually goes to the biggest game of the week, but those are all examples of legacy picks, many of which had better matchups that day.

Eh, who does Miami play before coming to Lincoln? If we both sneak into the top 25 and Georgia and okie State both knock off Clemson and FSU we could look kind of sexy.

Miami plays @ Louisville, Florida A&M, and Arkansas State before coming to Lincoln. I'd bet on Georgia to win, but no way on Okie State.

Eh, who does Miami play before coming to Lincoln? If we both sneak into the top 25 and Georgia and okie State both knock off Clemson and FSU we could look kind of sexy.

Miami plays @ Louisville, Florida A&M, and Arkansas State before coming to Lincoln. I'd bet on Georgia to win, but no way on Okie State.

How Are they getting in 3 games before playing us? Hell a win @Louisville plus a couple cakes to get em to 3-0 could sneak em into the rankings?

How Are they getting in 3 games before playing us? Hell a win @Louisville plus a couple cakes to get em to 3-0 could sneak em into the rankings?

Uh, we play 3 before playing them too...

• 2 months later...

I just got an email about College Gameday coming to Nebraska for the Miami game. If that was previously announced I missed it. #Huskers

Ok #Huskers it looks like ESPN Radio has announced they are coming to Lincoln for Miami. Still no official announcement on Gameday

I thought that if ESPN Radio was somewhere, ESPN Gameday wasn't...like ESPN Radio's Broadcast was the lame consolation prize for not landing an ESPN Gameday remote.

Or did they change that up to where Radio and Gameday go to the same location?