GameDay coming to Lincoln ........ maybe

Mavric

That's from Wikipedia. I thought we had a larger turnout than that but I could be mistaken.

I could have sworn that in 2001 we had more people than that for the Oklahoma game. They set up GameDay in one of the stadium tunnels, about a third of the stadium behind was full (or seemed that way), and the marching band (yay for me) came onto the field during the broadcast to make some noise. I know they said at the time it was a GameDay attendance record, but I have no idea what the numbers were. That was a hell of a lot of fun to be a part of though.

The 2001 crowd was a record in the 15,000's, and we had close to that with about 14k in 2007.

One of the husker tradition videos on youtube has a clip from gameday in 2001 showing the record, but I can't find it. Addict probably knows which one.

:45 mark

I get chills up my spine each time I hear that music and see that video. If that can't get you motivated - nothing will. There is another version of it but I cannot find it anymore. Had some old 1960s video but same music. Wish we could add to the National championship sections. Would like to see some more trophy lifting.

I'll take the integrity of ESPN's reporting and the intelligence of its commentators over fellow 24/7 networks CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.

Which is kinda sad when you think about it.

I also think ESPN has a better sense of humor about sports than a lot of fan boards.

Gameday would be fun. Why wouldn't it be?

millen2.jpg

dm_101223_ncf_may_int_ncaa.jpg

dm_120723_ncf_lou_holtz_penn_state_reaction.jpg

• Fire 4

I'll take the integrity of ESPN's reporting and the intelligence of its commentators over fellow 24/7 networks CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.

Which is kinda sad when you think about it.

I also think ESPN has a better sense of humor about sports than a lot of fan boards.

Gameday would be fun. Why wouldn't it be?

millen2.jpg

dm_101223_ncf_may_int_ncaa.jpg

dm_120723_ncf_lou_holtz_penn_state_reaction.jpg

Sucks..............

SUCKS EVEN MORE!!!!

GOD NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this might have been a bigger the first couple years of Bo's tenure. Now not so much, because eventually one of those jackwagons are going to say something about him losing his temper...

If Gameday actually did come to Lincoln, I wonder if ESPN would pay for a makeover on Bo. You know, since the cameras will be on him the entire time and not the game?

I think this might have been a bigger the first couple years of Bo's tenure. Now not so much, because eventually one of those jackwagons are going to say something about him losing his temper...

If Gameday actually did come to Lincoln, I wonder if ESPN would pay for a makeover on Bo. You know, since the cameras will be on him the entire time and not the game?

I'd be happy to see Bo punch Herbstreit in the mouth...

CLearly youre unfamiliar with gameday. Its on BEFORE the game. Then ESPN will put a camera on Bo DURING the game. Because they are heartless no good meanieheads.

• 3 months later...

If FSU beats Okie State and doesnt crap the bed against The Citadel they will be #1 against a Clemson team likely ranked inside top 15, meanwhile they get Georgia in the opener on the road. If both squads are undefeated heading into week 3 nobody will have a clue Miami finally came to Lincoln.

If FSU beats Okie State and doesnt crap the bed against The Citadel they will be #1 against a Clemson team likely ranked inside top 15, meanwhile they get Georgia in the opener on the road. If both squads are undefeated heading into week 3 nobody will have a clue Miami finally came to Lincoln.

I think Clemson will lose by 2+ TD's to UGA.

Another angle that hasn't been brought up is that this year is the 20 year anniversary of Osborne's 1st national championship. 20 years since we beat Miami in the Orange Bowl. There is a large number of story lines that lead up to this game that you can't look over it with no thought.

In fact, unless both Clemson and FSU are undefeated when they play, I think Gameday is coming here.

Another angle that hasn't been brought up is that this year is the 20 year anniversary of Osborne's 1st national championship. 20 years since we beat Miami in the Orange Bowl. There is a large number of story lines that lead up to this game that you can't look over it with no thought.

In fact, unless both Clemson and FSU are undefeated when they play, I think Gameday is coming here.

It's been 7 years since Gamdeday was in Lincoln. Would be nice to see it happen again. Of course, we know what happened last time...

I totally agree landlord. And I doubt they will be here. Neither will be highly ranked, Miami has a small fan base, and will not travel to the game. It really offers little to the National picture currently. FSU/Clemson even with a loss to Georgia will be considered far more appealing to the larger fan base area of the south.