Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've won a nice number of conference championships dating back to the 70s......but let's not pretend we've dominated them. Even during our stretch run in the mid-90s, we lost a conference championship game. And the things that have changed significantly since the 90s are tv, revenue sharing and schollie limits.

I bet Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Turner Gill, and thousands of players are glad that they worked very hard, dedicated their lives and succeeded in going above and beyond hurdles and tough odds so the University of Nebraska became synonymous with overachieving, success, championships and pride so we can point at how hard their jobs were and say "meh I guess this is good enough"

Yeah, cuz that's what we've all said.......

#Entitled

I guess the difference between you and me is that you think BP is not overcoming any obstacles or doing any overachieving. You think any coach can do what BP has done over the last 6 years. If that were the case than Bill Callahan would still be the coach at Nebraska.

I think it is a lot harder to win at Nebraska than you think it is. It doesn't mean I don't think it can be done, but it is a lot harder to win big at NU than at many schools. I think it is a testament to the commitment of the state, school, and coaches that they are as good as they are and have the potential to be better.

Yeah, 74's idea of entitled sounds pretty great, actually. Count me in.

i remember watching PTI long ago, like between 2000-2004 and they were talking about something, i really do not remember. but wilbon listed off a bunch of teams that had won national championships. nebraska was one of the teams he mentioned. he went on to say that it was those teams' birthrights to win championships. i was proud that not only were we mentioned with such great teams, but that we had such an awesome birthright.

i guess i should now be ashamed of that.

i remember watching PTI long ago, like between 2000-2004 and they were talking about something, i really do not remember. but wilbon listed off a bunch of teams that had won national championships. nebraska was one of the teams he mentioned. he went on to say that it was those teams' birthrights to win championships. i was proud that not only were we mentioned with such great teams, but that we had such an awesome birthright.

As usual, I'm hopping the Dude's bandwagon with his sig.

Something else I find #ironic is that the Bo-leavers claim to worry about how Bo's antics negatively affect the image of the program, state, etc., yet they totally ignore how they, by pining for the firing of said #9/10 win coach, do more damage in the eyes of recruits, potential replacement coaches, and fans of other programs.

Something else I find #ironic is that the Bo-leavers claim to worry about how Bo's antics negatively affect the image of the program, state, etc., yet they totally ignore how they, by pining for the firing of said #9/10 win coach, do more damage in the eyes of recruits, potential replacement coaches, and fans of other programs.

Examples of this?

Current recruits for Nebraska haven't played a down for NU and sometimes might never play a down for NU. I don't really care about how Bo's antics affect them, or how a coach getting fired affects them. You should commit to a University, not to a coach. Ask any student-athlete that and most would say that.

I would prefer that the football coach at Nebraska not act like a complete horse's ass on the day after Thanksgiving on national tv because:

a) It looks bad

b) the call that caused it wasn't all that egregious

c) it clearly affects the current players and how they play

d) hes supposed to be coaching and evaluating, pretty hard to do that when you're screaming like a madman at an offical who isn't going to reverse the call no matter what you do

e) whether he likes it or not, Bo is a representative of the University, the state and its alumni. Perhaps even one of the most prominent ones. In other words, his job is bigger than him, he is not bigger than Nebraska football. He's taking the reputations of many great people with him when he wears the N and goes on TV. And I'd appreciate it if he'd at least pay that fact at least a small amount of respect instead of acting like the whole goddamn world is out to get him.

I'd dull my edge if I thought he could at least comprehend letter "e", but so far he doesn't seem to have a f#*k to give about that fact. And it's really insulting.

• Fire 2

I bet Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Turner Gill, and thousands of players are glad that they worked very hard, dedicated their lives and succeeded in going above and beyond hurdles and tough odds so the University of Nebraska became synonymous with overachieving, success, championships and pride so we can point at how hard their jobs were and say "meh I guess this is good enough"

ironic strawman is ironic

You called Hunter74 a straw man. I'm reporting this personal attack

please do

please do

YEAH WELL MAYBE I WILL.

(Becomes first person to ever use the report button)