Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Franklin to Penn State shows that, I believe several followed Sumlin, and Urban because of his history, kids go to Ohio State. So it is a combination I am sure, we have some very good facilities, big sentence here for me, what appears to be a developing coaching staff, and from all reports a family environment. Positives to work on for sure. And man this team and board need some positive feelings for sure.

And if 2014 looks like a carbon copy of 2013, Bo should get his resume ready.

The team is young this year. Rome wasn't built over night. We have no QB,the OL will be pretty new, and there are still holes to be filled on defense. The schedule isn't as much of a cakewalk as some make it out to be. Recruiting is getting better.

If we win another 9+ this year and the coach gets canned, be ready to be Minnesota 2.0. Be careful what you wish for.

The team is young this year. Rome wasn't built over night. We have no QB,the OL will be pretty new, and there are still holes to be filled on defense. The schedule isn't as much of a cakewalk as some make it out to be. Recruiting is getting better.

If we win another 9+ this year and the coach gets canned, be ready to be Minnesota 2.0. Be careful what you wish for.

Thanks for this, I was making accordion files for the new sets of excuses for the coming year and I had neglected "Rome wasn't built in a day" and "Minnesota 2.0" yet. I do find it odd that the D will be improved, yet full of holes, though.....

The schedule is legitimate on a national scale, some really good teams on deck. But they are also teams we are capable of beating. I like to think 11 wins is not out of the realm of possibilities if we can go unscathed at home and only drop one road game.

I understand that 6 years is an eternity in the college football world now especially if it's 6 years of similar results.

However, what says we don't knock the monkey off our back in 2014. It's not like we didn't turn in a good recruiting cycle and a bowl win. 2 big positive things to build momentum on, plus the whole fresh image angle they are pushing towards Bo........

Ok, I'm getting really tired of defending with the same points over and over. For realz this time, I'm bouncing on this thread. Gonna be a good year and I'm looking forward to it.

Rome wasn't built over night.

Not to mention the fact that Augustus inherited a clown-car dumpster fire from Julius Ceasar. Not only that, but then he had to make a lot of changes when Rome joined the Second Triumvirate.

It's not 97 BC anymore, Rome isn't simply entitled to Empire.

• Fire 1

Thanks for this, I was making accordion files for the new sets of excuses for the coming year and I had neglected "Rome wasn't built in a day" and "Minnesota 2.0" yet. I do find it odd that the D will be improved, yet full of holes, though.....

My man, you've shown that you have no idea about what it takes to resurrect a fallen program in a cold, low population area, but i thought that you were knowledgeable enough to see that we have to replace 3 starters in the secondary and that depth at defensive end is a serious concern.

They used to say that ignorance is bliss.....

Smdh

My man, you've shown that you have no idea about what it takes to resurrect a fallen program in a cold, low population area, but i thought that you were knowledgeable enough to see that we have to replace 3 starters in the secondary and that depth at defensive end is a serious concern.

They used to say that ignorance is bliss.....

Smdh

well, i guess polo and bo have something in common.

You know, I don't think anyone is upset with the nine or ten wins.

But the minimum 4 losses, multiple losses where the opponent hangs 45+, failure to win even a conference championship even though they've had a lead with less than minute to play in one, a three score lead in another and was a big favorite going against a five loss opponent in the third, no BCS bowl berths, a program seemingly run with a "do as I say, not as I or my brother do" motif, a team that clearly lacks discipline and focus, loses games it shouldn't, doesn't compete at a consistent level, cannot stay ranked, cannot stay healthy, cannot hold on to the football, and blames others for their problems might be just a few points of concerns for those who aren't blind myopia so and seemingly entitled.

• Fire 4

But the minimum 4 losses, multiple losses where the opponent hangs 45+, failure to win even a conference championship even though they've had a lead with less than minute to play in one, a three score lead in another and was a big favorite going against a five loss opponent in the third, no BCS bowl berths, a program seemingly run with a "do as I say, not as I or my brother do" motif, a team that clearly lacks discipline and focus, loses games it shouldn't, doesn't compete at a consistent level, cannot stay ranked, cannot stay healthy, cannot hold on to the football, and blames others for their problems might be just a few points of concerns for those who aren't blind myopia so and seemingly entitled.

Ouch.

BUT! We are one of only three programs to win 9 games or more over the past 6 seasons. With Alabama and Oregon. So we must be really good.

Yeah, I don't think 9 or 10 wins is that bad a result. However, he's a lot of years in without a conference championship. That's one thing. Unless he turns things around in a big way this year (and I'm not saying that's impossible), it'll have been a lot of years since this team was even trending upward. That's another thing.

Then you have the blowout losses. The lackluster recruiting. Which, I acknowledge, recruiting has picked up numerous times over the years and now this 2015 class has the makings of a special one. But how come it's always this next class and how come there are yearly depth/'give it time, these positions are too young' issues? Another thing that could change this year.

Most importantly, it's how he handles his role as face of the program. 2013 was an especially trying year, but not the only one. The standoffish attitude blunts fan enthusiasm to the point where it's better to follow from a very safe distance than get caught up with the latest battle he's picking with some media member or some 'bad fan', whether that's garage-dwelling mustache man or Biff the Blogger. Bo's created a noxious atmosphere that is not in any way good for the program, and if he ever is forced out, that will be the chief reason. To his credit, he's trying to change all that for 2014, but I don't think you can fault a guy for being skeptical.

Bo came in to repair a toxic situation but if or when he leaves, he's likely bequeathing a not-so-dissimilar task for the next guy.

Ouch.

BUT! We are one of only three programs to win 9 games or more over the past 6 seasons. With Alabama and Oregon. So we must be really good.

Also, we can't predict the future, Nebraska could be really good next year, but we can predict the future and guarantee if Bo was to move on, the next coach would suck.