Johnny Football vs Tommy Armstong

I don't agree with the well below average part (both he and Ronny did an admirable job), and by all accounts it's already his job to lose, so I don't see any value in your assessment.

So he's the Bo Pelini of the QB's?

Hope not. That implies he won't improve over the next few years.

• Fire 2

I don't agree with the well below average part (both he and Ronny did an admirable job), and by all accounts it's already his job to lose, so I don't see any value in your assessment.

whoosh

sssssssss.....ssssssickkkk burrrrnnnnn
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, Cethan was missed right down the seam several times last season. Even Taylor missed a couple. It can be a difficult throw to make that little dump off, but if our guys can make on a consistent basis? What that'll do to the safeties and linebackers? Cha ching.

They finally started hitting that little 15 yard seam route off of the zone read PA, timing was never right it seemed early in the year. It must be a bit tough to execute because as soon as the QB makes his mind up to pull the ball out, he has to hit a streaking TE. I love the play design though, Cethan was open EVERY single time. With his speed, those kinda of olays are going to really give opposing D's fits.

I was really hoping for a closer battle. Not because I desperately want one over the other but because the closer the battle, the better both would be. And the better both will be the less I will cringe when the starter gets sacked.

The two have 5 more months before the season starts, lots of time for improvement to the one who wants the starting job.

I was really hoping for a closer battle. Not because I desperately want one over the other but because the closer the battle, the better both would be. And the better both will be the less I will cringe when the starter gets sacked.

The two have 5 more months before the season starts, lots of time for improvement to the one who wants the starting job.

Really excited to see exactly where Stanton is at this point. Spring game should be fun. Stanton to me just had that field presence in his highlight vids.

Still bugs me when people praise Armstrong for starting eight games and going 7-1. I mean he did some really good things, but Ron Kellogg deserves the credit for Northwestern and Penn State and the other six games are made up of South Dakota State (FCS), Illinois (4-8), Purdue (1-11), Michigan (7-6), Michigan State (Lost), and Georgia, which was a hell of a game.

Just another arbitrary statistic based on a technicality.

• Fire 1

Still bugs me when people praise Armstrong for starting eight games and going 7-1. I mean he did some really good things, but Ron Kellogg deserves the credit for Northwestern and Penn State and the other six games are made up of South Dakota State (FCS), Illinois (4-8), Purdue (1-11), Michigan (7-6), Michigan State (Lost), and Georgia, which was a hell of a game.

Just another arbitrary statistic based on a technicality.

It's the same as those who tossed out the "Cody Green was 4-0 as a starter" stat.

• Fire 1

Very true, but I would say after reading the OWH and a conversation I had with a sportswriter recently, there's very little chance Stanton is able to take the job this season. And Ryker Fyfe is basically a moot point in the discussion and has less of a chance that Stanton. A lot could change in five months but everything I'm hearing is that TA is continuing to get better, is a very vocal leader and is embracing his role/chance to be Nebraska's starter.

As a side note, the 7-1 thing is a bit misleading when you look at the stats but, come on... he was a RSF and he won most of the games he started in. They may not have always been pretty, and they came against fairly weak competition for the most part, but I'd rather he be 7-1 than 4-4 or something like that, which I think many would agree with. Plus, TA is not Winston or Manziel. But, those guys are extreme anomalies and, I would argue, have significantly better pieces around them (especially Winston at FSU) than TA has here.