Randy Gregory on Offense?

So I've been thinking how much Randy Gregory reminds me of another Randy, Mr. Moss. They look pretty similar, are extremely long and possess freakish athleticism. This led me to thinking about the possibility of #44 moving to the offensive side of the ball in redzone situations. I don't know too much about his hands, but he was a really good basketball player so I'm sure he would be alright. He would be a matchup nightmare who could out muscle and out jump pretty much anyone. Also, while we do have a really promising receiving core, I don't see anyone who could fill that redzone, body-up, fade route role (except for maybe Moore) like Quincy was able to do last year. What do you guys think?

This isnt the greatest idea but i do not think it is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you asked this same question about Suh a few years back people would have the same if not a worse response, but it usually worked out for us when we used Suh in special packages. Gregory would definently be a matchup problem for many defenders trying to guard him espessially in the slot. And worse case scenario we could use him as a decoy. if he comes on to the field in a goaline situation im sure it would draw a major distraction his way. if we put gregory in slot it could open up the edge for Bell or the flats for abdullah. just saying not as bad as seems

He'd be better as a decoy than he would as an actual weapon. He maybe athletic and all, but he does not have any offensive skills. Also, asking him to take practice time away from doing what he does best to take some time to learn about the intricacies of running routes, timing with the qb and well, do I really have to explain this? With the right skills and knowledge, he would be the ultimate matchup headache in the redzone, but otherwise, why risk an injury he may get from small DB's trying to just hit him hard since they can't jump higher than him? And he needs to focus on defeating lineman day-in and day-out. Great idea for backyard football though.