Phil Steele says no dice for Huskers in AP

We've done nothing to prove we deserve to be ranked.

The same can be said for other teams.

Georgia is #11.

Ole Miss is #20.

Texas is #21.

UNC is #23. They went 7-6 last year.

Well, that's true. And now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I made a similar point in another conversation a month or two ago.

Which goes back to the fact that preseason polls are stupid.

What sucks is there's little to no optimism/faith that Nebraska will improve anymore. Texas got a new coach, Ole Miss had some momentum, Georgia is always close to being at the top of the SEC, etc. Nebraska has reaffirmed the status quo for enough seasons now that everyone has pretty well marked down a 9 or a 10 before anything has played. Guess it could be worse

Can't say I'm disappointed that Nebraska may not be in the top 25. The years he's picked us to finish at a certain point, the team hasn't met those expectations. This pre-season stuff is great for feel good moments, but it has no bearing if the offense is in sync or if the defense plays proper run fits.

I think Nebraska kind of got the benefit of the doubt for a couple years after that 2009-10 peak.

It shouldn't be any surprise that Georgia is after 2011-12.

Clearly you missed the Bilderberg Group meeting this year and every year where all of the media types aspire and plan ways to cheese off the University of Nebraska and it's fans by not giving their #9wins and obviously super duper potential THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN SEE their proper respect.

Wake up, sheeple.

Georgia is #11.

Ole Miss is #20.

Texas is #21.

Well, that's true. And now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I made a similar point in another conversation a month or two ago.

Comments you made a month or two ago? Hmmmm.....I must've missed those comments when I was going back through your history of comments ever made. I was going to piece them together, out of context of course, put them together in any way that I could to attempt to smear you.

Damn, this is going to take me quite a bit of searching, quoting, cutting, copying and pasting. I almost feel like some sort of obsessed little school girl doing this but it's totally necessary in my war against you. Well, me and Taylor's war against you.

See you in the shed mother fu&*#r. Hasty la vista.

• Fire 2

Georgia is #11.

Ole Miss is #20.

Texas is #21.

Comments you made a month or two ago? Hmmmm.....I must've missed those comments when I was going back through your history of comments ever made. I was going to piece them together, out of context of course, put them together in any way that I could to attempt to smear you.

Damn, this is going to take me quite a bit of searching, quoting, cutting, copying and pasting. I almost feel like some sort of obsessed little school girl doing this but it's totally necessary in my war against you. Well, me and Taylor's war against you.

Lol wut

Georgia is #11.

Ole Miss is #20.

Texas is #21.

Lol wut

Just having fun. It's what I do.

I wish this surprised me. I wish this pissed me off. It doesn't. So tired of polls and people who think we get the short stick on the national stage. If we want respect, we have to earn it. Until we do something about it on the field, this is what it will continue to look like.

The only thing early rankings are good for are national recognition when ESPN is deciding what game is the sexiest to put on tv.

That actaully is not true, Auburn notwithstanding, its incredibly easier to get into and remain in good positions after a loss with a high early ranking.

Case in point, Nebraska in 2010 before the wheels came off. Oddly, there were precious few who "didn't care about worthless preseason polls" back then