Tommy Armstrong - Nebraska QB learns from mistakes

Ganz also had '06 experience for what it's worth. He was more or less thrust into the spotlight after Harrison Beck disappeared in fall camp and carried that #2 role well that year. There's a reason he was part of a 2-man fight for the '07 job (although with Keller's heretofore Heisman candidacy, most considered him on the outside looking in - but not irrelevant).

Ganz also had '06 experience for what it's worth. He was more or less thrust into the spotlight after Harrison Beck disappeared in fall camp and carried that #2 role well that year. There's a reason he was part of a 2-man fight for the '07 job (although with Keller's heretofore Heisman candidacy, most considered him on the outside looking in - but not irrelevant).

Wouldn't really count that in the same category at all, since it was all mop-up duty (except for that golden fake field goal against Colorado).

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but about halfway or maybe 3/4 the way through the 2008 season, a national writer wrote an article about how Joe Ganz was the most underrated quarterback in the country. He ran the numbers, and determined (since Joe got the benefit of Callahan going air-raid to try and save his job in '07) that Joe's career QBR was 3rd best among all active quarterbacks, behind Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford of all people.

I wish I knew where that article was.

Wouldn't really count that in the same category at all, since it was all mop-up duty (except for that golden fake field goal against Colorado).

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but about halfway or maybe 3/4 the way through the 2008 season, a national writer wrote an article about how Joe Ganz was the most underrated quarterback in the country. He ran the numbers, and determined (since Joe got the benefit of Callahan going air-raid to try and save his job in '07) that Joe's career QBR was 3rd best among all active quarterbacks, behind Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford of all people.

I wish I knew where that article was.

Is this the one?

LINK

If Armstrong put up '08 Ganz numbers this season I would think someone slipped me some blue pills out of knapps medicine cabinet

Sorry, nobody threw out an old man joke for a while.

That's because I'm putting an end to it. It's been two years. Time for a new joke.

Those blue pills he has are probably just m&m's. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

They're not even M&Ms anymore. Back in the day they had Ms on both sides. These days the logo's just on one side, like a Pittsburgh Steelers helmet.

We're cheated out of dozens of Ms per package. It's anarchy.

Like you even look.

Once you have the package ripped open, I'm certain your eyes have rolled back into your head like a shark.

• Fire 1
Tommy Armstrong said Saturday he considered it growth that he didn't go in the tank after an early interception.

“We threw a pick, then came out and scored the next three drives,” he said. “I feel like that's important. We understand that mistakes happen, but I feel like this year we're going to respond the right way.”

In a vacuum, that's the right way for Armstrong to view it. But the interception itself — a very poor read and throw that could have been picked off by three defenders — is a reminder that Armstrong has to stop pressing early in games. A third-and-long at the start of a spring game? Eat the ball, walk back to the 30, start again. Yes, the offense responded OK — because there wasn't an opposing offense to turn that interception into seven points on a short field. All three picks were on short-to-medium throws. The risks outran the rewards.

OWH

• Fire 1

↑ so much that. I think thats my issue with TA. He is desperate to be the hero and the star. He wants to be the one churning out points and highlights. Thats why we see him scrambling to make a play and getting dog piled or picked off. Gotta learn to be the manager first kid. The bulk of our offense is likely on A Double this year, not whoever starts at QB.