Tommy Armstrong - Nebraska QB learns from mistakes

He could throw like Tim Tebow all he wants. As long as he provides us with W's I could care less about his accuracy.

Actually, I think his accuracy is fine though. It's his decision making that he needs to work on. He also needs to work on "seeing the field" better before and during each play. Which will then refine and strengthen his decision making.

Tough dude though. Everyone loves playing with him, and that kind of leadership goes a loooong way. I know it's difficult for us to understand, but you don't go 7-1 as a starter by accident. There is just something about the kid that makes the team better. I know a lot could be said about why we won those games, but everyone on the team genuinely loves playing with him.

Tim Tebow was a 67% passer in college with a 170 rating and a 6:1 TD:INT ratio. If TA's anywhere near that we'll all be ecstatic.

At some point his accuracy has to get better though. I don't care how much confidence and swag and moves he has, his arm has got to get more precise - last year's passing was serviceable for a freshman but not acceptable going forward. But he has time to improve.

Thats where I'm at too.

I'm right there with you guys. We probably won as many games in spite of him (Purdue, Northwestern) as we won "because" of him (Michigan and Georgia). And Penn State is a gift to his record because he barely played.

I really hope he improves significantly this year - mainly in the passing game. I think he'll be better because he has an entire off-season to work with the receivers and such. He's going to be the starter at the beginning of the year - unless Stanton makes a big push - and assuming that's the case I'll be cheering for him all the way but I need to see better results from him on a play-to-play basis before I feel really comfortable with him running the offense.

Me and True have been in the same page about this guy since his first start last year. Hes our guy. Im tellin yall. Hes gonna be special.

I hold the same sentiment

He just carries himself yhe way i wanna see my qb do so. Just ghe way he plays. Hes git aura about him. A certain swagger. Particular leadership qualities that to me are refreshing. I see the team on both sides of the ball reacting to his presence in a manner that i like to see.

That was my first reaction, too.

It may not make sense, I'm sure the numbers don't support it. But I just like the way Tommy carries himself.

That's not a small thing, especially for a Freshman asked to replace Taylor Martinez mid-season.

Some quarterbacks have the rifle for an arm. But they don't have that look.

I'm already comfortable with Armstrong running the offense. Can only imagine it'll get better, with so many skill positions returning and a less than hobbled offensive line.

I don't really know that I'm a huge fan of Tommy's supposed swagger or way that he carries himself or not (I remember some pouting and a distinct lack of swagger after his third interception against Northwestern), but his teammates like him, or at least respect him. That's a pretty important element with any quarterback - being the guy and having your players trust you will make them want to come through for you.

Just more proof that we need a dedicated quarterbacks coach and none of our quarterbacks are 'real' quarterbacks because they seek offseason help.

What could a QB coach on staff do for these guys during the summer?

I don't know man ask the guys that know for sure that we need one they've got the answers.

I am not going to insert the sarcasm smiley based on principle.

Just more proof that we need a dedicated quarterbacks coach and none of our quarterbacks are 'real' quarterbacks because they seek offseason help.

What could a QB coach on staff do for these guys during the summer?

I don't know man ask the guys that know for sure that we need one they've got the answers.

I am not going to insert the sarcasm smiley based on principle.

I don't have principles, so :sarcasm

These are the reasons I think we see improvement this year. Kids working their butts off and spending their own money to get better. I am pretty sure a QB coach could not do much for them during the summer, other than positive comments. I think I would like to see a QB coach, but who knows if it would do us any good. But I do not see that it could do any harm.

Positives, the kids need to focus on them and so do we.

Coaches aren't allowed to have contact with the team in the off season. From the end of spring football to the start of fall camp, the weight staff has control over the team. So having a full time QB coach wouldn't do much good during the off season and during the season Ganz is our QB coach/intern/GA/general BA.