Kenny Bell and NCAA Reform

According to a Forbes.com report, the Nebraska Cornhuskers are valued at $80 million, making them the nation’s 10th most valuable college football team. Forbes cites revenue of $56 million for Nebraska, as well as $35 million in profits. The placement is one spot higher than the team’s finish on the 2012 list, when NU was 11th with lower revenue ($55 million) but a higher value ($82 million) and profits ($36 million). http://sports.omaha.com/2013/12/30/nebraska-10th-among-college-footballs-most-valuable-teams/ So divide that by scholarship players.

So you would just toss money to players that haven’t even seen the field yet. How much $$$ did UNL make off of jerseys that had no name stenciled on them or shirts that had nothing to do with players names or likeness but you would just hand them this money. Since none of the players provided any funding for start-up cost, shipping, advertisement or compensation for the use of the UN logo or name. Would the university be within their rights to charge them for all of this plus handling and sales for these shirts?

Also, try not spending money on Beats, TV's, tattoo's, bars....priorities...

How would you like people telling you what not to spend your money on. stupid argument.

The difference is that he isn't complaining that he's being treated unfairly because he is choosing to spend his adequate amount of money the way he is.

• Fire 2

How would you like people telling you what not to spend your money on. stupid argument.

So when a player complains that he doesn't have enough money for rent, food, etc. because he spent it all on tats the school should pay him more because he is a poor money manager?

According to a Forbes.com report, the Nebraska Cornhuskers are valued at $80 million, making them the nation’s 10th most valuable college football team. Forbes cites revenue of $56 million for Nebraska, as well as $35 million in profits. The placement is one spot higher than the team’s finish on the 2012 list, when NU was 11th with lower revenue ($55 million) but a higher value ($82 million) and profits ($36 million). http://sports.omaha....valuable-teams/ So divide that by scholarship players.

So you would just toss money to players that haven’t even seen the field yet. How much $$$ did UNL make off of jerseys that had no name stenciled on them or shirts that had nothing to do with players names or likeness but you would just hand them this money. Since none of the players provided any funding for start-up cost, shipping, advertisement or compensation for the use of the UN logo or name. Would the university be within their rights to charge them for all of this plus handling and sales for these shirts?

There's already a model out there that answers all these questions in professional league jersey sales.

If I was constantly complaining about not having money to eat, that I deserve more money, it wouldn't matter what I felt. They would be justified.

If I was constantly complaining about not having money to eat, that I deserve more money, it wouldn't matter what I felt. They would be justified.

You don’t exaggerate much do you? Please where he said constantly complained and said "I deserve more money"

More from Bell: “As an athlete, I would at least love to talk about decisions made regarding myself. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for and I don’t think that’s crazy. I’m not going to dive into how much we get paid or this or that. I think that’s all minute things when it comes to just giving student-athletes a voice. And not a voice that I have right now, talking to you guys, but a voice as a group. Being able to make decisions for ourselves. That’s a big step. Being 19-to-23-year-old males and females — and those are considered adults — I think we should have the right to discuss rules that are being impressed on us.”

More: “I know what it’s like to run out of scholarship money and run out of meals at the training table. Those things run out. And as far as the gear and stuff we get — we’re extremely blessed as far as the things we get access to, but at the same time there’s struggles that should be addressed.”

and NO, no one has the right to look into his finances just like No one has the right to look into your finances. No justification what so ever.

According to a Forbes.com report, the Nebraska Cornhuskers are valued at $80 million, making them the nation’s 10th most valuable college football team. Forbes cites revenue of $56 million for Nebraska, as well as $35 million in profits. The placement is one spot higher than the team’s finish on the 2012 list, when NU was 11th with lower revenue ($55 million) but a higher value ($82 million) and profits ($36 million). http://sports.omaha....valuable-teams/ So divide that by scholarship players.

There's already a model out there that answers all these questions in professional league jersey sales.

And what would that be?

and NO, no one has the right to look into his finances just like No one has the right to look into your finances. No justification what so ever.

You don't have to look into Kenny's or any other college players finances to already know that he has plenty of money for everything he needs and then some.

You don't have to look into Kenny's or any other college players finances to already know that he has plenty of money for everything he needs and then some.

This. He wastes money on tattoos and complains about running out of money. We can criticize his known spending habits.