Kenny Bell and NCAA Reform

And if you believe he actually spends money on tats. I have ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell.

and once again why would u care.

Here is where you ask skersfan why he would care whether or not Nebraska players pay for their tattoos themselves.

So that seems to be the source of all this incredibly prolonged miscommunication. The end (hopefully?)...

And if you believe he actually spends money on tats. I have ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell.

and once again why would u care.

Here is where you ask skersfan why he would care whether or not Nebraska players pay for their tattoos themselves.

So that seems to be the source of all this incredibly prolonged miscommunication. The end (hopefully?)...

I see what your saying.. I saw it in a different way when I said that. it's all good.

If you own a small business and do not know your employees, you are asking for trouble.

If you hear every Monday morning how much their new tat cost them, and then have to advance them money to eat on you tend to figure the total, at least I did, and I am most likely light.

If a tat costs a young 20 year old 600 to 1400 a week, I think that is too high, but say it isn't, how much are college athletes paying for them. You would think three categories, the same, a lot less or free. As most of these kids do not get that much money according to them, where does the excess/tat money come from? Mom and Dad footing the bill. Would you pay for your child's tats. I would not, never did and never will.

I must admit I have never paid for one, so really do not know what they cost, but a true artist, and some are, it would seem they charge a fair price. My employee, I guess spends close to 1500 a month on tats. He has similar ones to the ones we see college football players having, not only at Nebraska, but I would again guess every major program in the country. Promoting your product on a fit, large, well muscled individual would be the ultimate sales site.

I do not think they are free, they cost them something, one way or another.

Which if they are not paying full retail/the exact same as another individual, that is an NCAA infraction, I think.

Is polarhusker Kenny bell? My god dude you seriously keep posting the same sh#t and don't seem to understand anything anyone else says. We DO have the right to question his spending habits. If he wasn't complaining about money and being hungry then ya we have no right. But the dude seems to live a lavish lifestyle then complains about money. Simple as that!

Honestly if Kenny can afford it, more power to him. Although I do think he should be mindful of the fact that part of what allows him to afford it as easily as he does is his status as a scholarship athlete and all of the things he gets now that he does not have to pay for, as well as the degree he's earning for free and the NFL job training and candidacy he is being provided that could earn him millions in the future. A lot of his fellow non-scholarship students are being burdened by student loans.

Not every college athlete comes from a well off family though and there must be a lot of them who do have it a lot tougher, while taking on the same risks, particularly with their medical future, as part of the deal.

Kenny has every right to be empathetic, to be sure. Though he should probably also be similarly empathetic for people who can't afford HBO in their life. Which is something he is surprisingly callous about.

• Fire 1

The question shouldn't be whether Kenny needs to be paid because he's hungry and spent all his money on tats. The question should be about Kenny getting paid because the NCAA and the university is making a pile of money from his skill as an athlete.

And then taking that pile of money and investing it back into all of the things that make Kenny's experience at Nebraska enjoyable. His stadium, his locker room, his weight room, his tutors, his nutritionists, etc. etc. etc. etc.

• Fire 3

The question shouldn't be whether Kenny needs to be paid because he's hungry and spent all his money on tats. The question should be about Kenny getting paid because the NCAA and the university is making a pile of money from his skill as an athlete.

And then taking that pile of money and investing it back into all of the things that make Kenny's experience at Nebraska enjoyable. His stadium, his locker room, his weight room, his tutors, his nutritionists, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Bingo!! And then that helps convince the next good recruit to come to Nebraska instead of some other school that spends less on those fancy things that don't mean squat about football.

Bingo!! And then that helps convince the next good recruit to come to Nebraska instead of some other school that spends less on those fancy things that don't mean squat about football.

All the while the NCAA sets rules prohibiting players from making money off of their likeness while they and the universities make more piles of cash off of video games and jersey sales.

The NCAA screwed themselves and the universities were happy to help them and now the players want money. It could have been avoided.

• Fire 1

All the while the NCAA sets rules prohibiting players from making money off of their likeness while they and the universities make more piles of cash off of video games and jersey sales.

Except the NCAA isn't making money off of video games anymore.

And the jerseys don't have anyone's name on them.

Except the NCAA isn't making money off of video games anymore.

And the jerseys don't have anyone's name on them.

Sure. You're right. They closed the barn doors after the cows got out on the video games. And when Jay Bilas exposed them on their own website by searching for a jersey by using Manziels name in the search window and a TAMU #2 jersey pops up, they stopped selling jerseys too. They are willing to try to get away with anything to make a buck. They brought the mess on themselves.

• Fire 2