Kenny Bell and NCAA Reform

Adam Liston ‏@AdamJListon 4h

@AFRO_THUNDER80 how much in debt will you be after you get out of college? 800 dollars a month is what a part time college student makes.

Details Reply Retweet Favorite More

Kenny Bell

‏@AFRO_THUNDER80

@AdamJListon good point, me being a part time student and all, I'll take that one to heart....

Reply Retweet Favorite More

12:49 PM - 17 Aug 2014

Adam Liston ‏@AdamJListon 3h

@AFRO_THUNDER80 No, full time student, part time work. And they leave college with tens of thousands in debt #welcometocollege

Kenny Bell ‏@AFRO_THUNDER80 3h

@AdamJListon ooooo now ur point is valid, because that part time worker entertains for billions of dollars that they don't see. U got me

Adam Liston ‏@AdamJListon 2h

@AFRO_THUNDER80 greed is pathetic. Pay your dues. Its 4 years until your chances of making millions is 10x greater than the average student

:facepalm:

Kenny needs some perspective. There are thousands of college athletes around the country that work just as hard as he does without near the blessings he knows he has or will have. Many of them aren't on scholarship, and most aren't playing football or basketball.

The big money industry that is college football and basketball is weird, I'll give him that. It causes tension like this and it's not hard to see why. It's also a blessing because without the interest that makes these $$$ TV contracts possible, Kenny is in the same spot as a division III swimmer.

He also seems like too smart of a guy to get into twitter fights like that. C'mon Kenny.

Notable snippet from the article.

Bell probably didn't need that free scholarship. The son of a former NFL player (Kenny Bell Sr.) is also the loving stepson to a successful computer software security salesman (Dan Campbell).

Embarrassing.

Convenient how you ignore things that don't fit your narrative.

Now is a good time to shut the hell up, Mavric.

• Fire 8

:facepalm:

Kenny needs some perspective. There are thousands of college athletes around the country that work just as hard as he does without near the blessings he knows he has or will have. Many of them aren't on scholarship, and most aren't playing football or basketball.

The big money industry that is college football and basketball is weird, I'll give him that. It causes tension like this and it's not hard to see why. It's also a blessing because without the interest that makes these $$$ TV contracts possible, Kenny is in the same spot as a division III swimmer.

He also seems like too smart of a guy to get into twitter fights like that. .

He is so much better off than even a division 1 swimmer it's not even funny.

If it turns out that Kenny really doesn't have any money, and is getting that ink in a Terrelle Pryor kinda way, that same fan base that fills stadiums coast to coast to watch him play is going to be pretty damned pissed off.

The coaches needs to put Kenny on media time out until the season is over. Best thing for him and this program at this point.

• Fire 1

"Until regular people understand we're not regular people, they're not going to get it," he added. "We sacrifice a lot to try to put a good product out on the field for them. They flat out do not know what it's like to live that lifestyle." :facepalm:

Not KBs quote, btw

I also pay a lot of money to see a good product on the field. And that has not been happening. I wonder if the media will listen to my case that fans should get paid to watch sh**ty football.

I didn't mind his first few arguments about players possibly being compensated (even though I disagree) but this is getting out if control. I wouldn't even care if he was a bust this year and didn't make it to the NFL. Then he could take part in fighting for real issues like the minimum wage not being enough to support a family.

imo, my opinion is that if the argument is that a lot of people are making a lot of money and the athletes should as well, that's one thing. but if you are whining because you are having trouble paying your bills, that's another thing and seems to be poor form given the reality of the situation.

I didn't mind his first few arguments about players possibly being compensated (even though I disagree) but this is getting out if control. I wouldn't even care if he was a bust this year and didn't make it to the NFL. Then he could take part in fighting for real issues like the minimum wage not being enough to support a family.

True. According to all the math in this thread Kenny can't make it by with much more than full time minimum wage in Nebraska, which is 15k. Maybe he should go help that group out because their plight must be even scarier than his own, because he has showed you just can't make it on that kind of money.

Kenny needs to realize that unless your warren buffet or bill gates, EVERYONE is working fir someone whos getting rich off their underpsid services. Its called the american free economy. Or simply "life".

Actually, what he needs to realize is that he is a product of his own choices. He's the one who signed on the dotted line, it isn't like he forced into doing any of this.

Basically if he's mad at anyone, he should take a look in the mirror.

I would feel like a chump making millions/billions of $ for someone else. But he's doing a worse job at arguing his point than he is at spending his money.

And what Count said, pretty much everyone is making $ for someone else. If you're an engineer you can save your company $1,000,000 and then get thanked with a $1,000 bonus. It's not like he's alone here. He's also getting training so that he might get to play in the NFL, and he's getting the adoration of fans, and if he wants to he could stick around the state and have all sorts of opportunities because he played for Nebraska.

I would feel like a chump making millions/billions of $ for someone else. But he's doing a worse job at arguing his point than he is at spending his money.

And what Count said, pretty much everyone is making $ for someone else. If you're an engineer you can save your company $1,000,000 and then get thanked with a $1,000 bonus. It's not like he's alone here. He's also getting training so that he might get to play in the NFL, and he's getting the adoration of fans, and if he wants to he could stick around the state and have all sorts of opportunities because he played for Nebraska.

I've saved my company $1,000,000 in a year as an engineer and didn't get anything. Such is life. At this point if you have a job and can pay the bills you should feel fortunate. I have no fanfare in my sucky job and I don't ask for it. I can feed my kids and have a roof over my head along with a sweet 2006 Nissan Altima to drive to work every day. I have it a hell of a lot better than most folks in this world, and to be honest it makes me sick to see what athletes make.

• Fire 2