Kenny Bell and NCAA Reform

And if you believe he actually spends money on tats. I have ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell.

Here's a road we probably do not want to go down.

Go for It, Your good at going down that road.

Maybe sit a few plays out chief, I'm no fan of Kenny lately, but I don't think we should discuss if he's putting the program at risk of a sanction.

The Ohio St players did not get them for free. They traded memorbilial, rings, etc for them. Hence, they technically paid for them. So that is not a violation. Which make the whole thing even more ridiculous. But basicaly, the main fallout in Columbus was over Tressel and his attempted cover up than it was the actual supposed violation.

And if you believe he actually spends money on tats. I have ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell.

and once again why would u care.

Gee whiz...only because it's an NCAA violation.

How is getting a Tat a NCAA violation.

Are you being serious or trolling, serious question because I can't honestly tell. It isn't that he got the tat but the inference that he didn't pay for them, which would be an improper benefit and a NCAA violation. I am also lost for words on your interaction with Landlord, I don't get how you can't seem to grasp what is being said. Hopefully Landlord's slowed down reply hits you on your level.

The Ohio St players did not get them for free. They traded memorbilial, rings, etc for them. Hence, they technically paid for them. So that is not a violation. Which make the whole thing even more ridiculous. But basicaly, the main fallout in Columbus was over Tressel and his attempted cover up than it was the actual supposed violation.

No that was a violation what the players did because they used their benefits improperly. If it wasn't a violation, those 4 or so players wouldn't have been made ineligible to play in the Sugar Bowl well before Tressel's issues came to light. It becomes akin to generating a 2nd income at that point because they are technically using the items they were given as currency, this not allowed. That is what started the issue, Tressel trying to cover up made it worse.

Here's a road we probably do not want to go down.

Go for It, Your good at going down that road.

Maybe sit a few plays out chief, I'm no fan of Kenny lately, but I don't think we should discuss if he's putting the program at risk of a sanction.

This is getting really comical right now.

and NO, no one has the right to look into his finances just like No one has the right to look into your finances. No justification what so ever.

You don't have to look into Kenny's or any other college players finances to already know that he has plenty of money for everything he needs and then some.

This. He wastes money on tattoos and complains about running out of money. We can criticize his known spending habits.

It's not your position to say so. I would love to see you fiances so I could judge you on your spending habits.

and if you can please provide factual documentation on how he spends his money?

let it go. :facepalm:

Am I asking to see his finances? No. I'm making observations based on information he puts out.

He complains about not having money to eat, and hours later mentions he is getting a new tatoo. He is undermining his own position here.

You want to see my finances? Why? I'm sure as hell not complaining about not being able to buy food, nor do I complain about my income. I do this thing called budgeting, which allows me to have a set amount for food and still figure out how to pay for things I want like my new Blackhawks jersey.

Kenny needs to figure out his priorities. Let's say we give them more money, will the players use it for food or recreation. I'm willing to bet it is the latter.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a "pay us" issue, since they are being compensated. It seems to a "pay us a lot" issue.

I'm sure most of us can relate to wanting to get paid more. Don't know if it would be in the best interest of these guys to hand them buckets of money. Maybe set up some sort of fund they can access upon graduation?

That still leaves the issues of other sports and colleges that aren't loaded.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a "pay us" issue, since they are being compensated. It seems to a "pay us a lot" issue.

I'm sure most of us can relate to wanting to get paid more. Don't know if it would be in the best interest of these guys to hand them buckets of money. Maybe set up some sort of fund they can access upon graduation?

That still leaves the issues of other sports and colleges that aren't loaded.

What kills me is I'm totally in favor of requiring the ncaa/universities to take care of players injured while playing in college, require guaranteed scholarships, Etc. But this idea that players can't eat because they don't have money is bullsh#t.

No that was a violation what the players did because they used their benefits improperly. If it wasn't a violation, those 4 or so players wouldn't have been made ineligible to play in the Sugar Bowl well before Tressel's issues came to light. It becomes akin to generating a 2nd income at that point because they are technically using the items they were given as currency, this not allowed. That is what started the issue, Tressel trying to cover up made it worse.

My bad. I forgot to put in the "in my opinion" part when I said that was not a violation. In my opinion, it's not. They give soemthing for them with stuff they did earn. It's just my point of view.

There were free tats involved count. Tressel felt his kids were in danger due to the ownership of the parlor. High end gang activity and death threats. My guess is our own Coach Osborne would have handled it very close to the same. The kids are their responsibility.

Still having an employee that beieves his body should be covered with this crap, I have a running total on his investment. Over 8 thousand in his right quadrant. Some of the stuff shows a lot of talent. But if these things are quality, they are not cheap, as some of you most likely know. People can do what ever they want to, but don't whine about not having enough to eat and go get a tat. My worker is broke almost ever Monday morning and he is airing his new tat, normally in the 8-1200 dollar cost area. Some claim it is like a drug, a high from the ink. Either way, the money given to these athletes is not intended for them I would bet.

It is quite ironic when felons, excons are doing anything to get rid of them, our younger generation does anything to get them.

and once again why would u care.

Gee whiz...only because it's an NCAA violation.

How is getting a Tat a NCAA violation.

Are you being serious or trolling, serious question because I can't honestly tell. It isn't that he got the tat but the inference that he didn't pay for them, which would be an improper benefit and a NCAA violation. I am also lost for words on your interaction with Landlord, I don't get how you can't seem to grasp what is being said. Hopefully Landlord's slowed down reply hits you on your level.

I'm missing something. who said that he didn't pay for the tat?????????

and NO, no one has the right to look into his finances just like No one has the right to look into your finances. No justification what so ever.

You don't have to look into Kenny's or any other college players finances to already know that he has plenty of money for everything he needs and then some.

This. He wastes money on tattoos and complains about running out of money. We can criticize his known spending habits.

It's not your position to say so. I would love to see you fiances so I could judge you on your spending habits.

and if you can please provide factual documentation on how he spends his money?

let it go. :facepalm:

Am I asking to see his finances? No. I'm making observations based on information he puts out.

He complains about not having money to eat, and hours later mentions he is getting a new tatoo. He is undermining his own position here.

You want to see my finances? Why? I'm sure as hell not complaining about not being able to buy food, nor do I complain about my income. I do this thing called budgeting, which allows me to have a set amount for food and still figure out how to pay for things I want like my new Blackhawks jersey.

Kenny needs to figure out his priorities. Let's say we give them more money, will the players use it for food or recreation. I'm willing to bet it is the latter.

listen you missed the point! Kenny doesn't need you to tell him how to live his life. get over yourself and allow him to live it. I don't agree with some of his tweets but it's not for you to tell him how to live. heaven forbid a person trying to get more money for his services.

bad boy :ahhhhhhhh