Ralph Brown says Pelini needs to build better bridge with ex players

frankly, i just think brown does not think much of bo and is trying to say it in so many ways without actually saying it. just my imo.

Which is fine. It's his right to express that opinion. But like Tommie Frazier, you do it in a way like this, then Bo certainly has the right-and all the power in the world-to say, "we dont need him", and pretty much just phase him on out.

Now, I apologize now for rolling Ralph into a category of Frazier. Obviously that's a bad comparison. But I cant really come up with anyone else whatsoever that Bo has obviously and/or publicly turned away from. That I know of, Ralph has not done anything to deserve the ill feeling I have towards Tommie when it comes to life off the field after football. So I just wanted to throw this little disclaimer in there to go along with my idea that sometime these guys with this public angst are not doing themselves any favors with Bo. Like someone said above. Jay Foreman used to have issues as well. But obviously there was a sit down and a resolution to any issues there.

Obviously this is a two way street with the players and the program, and you're correct about Frazier.

Here's the thing, though.

When Bo dismissed Tommie, one of his comments was, "we're trying to build something here", which I find funny because, well, you don't have to build anything at Nebraska. It's already been built for you.

When that attitude goes away, I feel is when Nebraska takes a step forward

This is, BAR NONE, the most ignorant POST of the entire life of Huskerboard.

"It's already been built"????????????

"You don't have to build anything"????????

ROTFLMFAO

If, as u say "it doesn't have to be built" why the hell even have a head coach and a plane to recruit on? Unless you are talking about the actual physical building, that statement is asinine--here at Nebraska or Alabama or USC or Texas or Baylor or Louisville. Every SINGLE DAY is a building day.

ahhhhhh, thanks for the laugh.

• Fire 3

Back to the original topic, Ralph Brown needs to make the move. If he really wants to be a part of the program than all he needs to do is call up BP and say "how can I help the program be better?"

Acting slighted because BP hasn't come out and invited him to visit and hangout is a little small on his part.

Seriously, there are so many former players in and out visiting they need to install a damned revolving door. I'm sure that if he had picked up a phone and asked to visit Bo would have welcomed him back with open arms, maybe not so much now but before he made an idiot of himself.

frankly, i just think brown does not think much of bo and is trying to say it in so many ways without actually saying it. just my imo.

Which is fine. It's his right to express that opinion. But like Tommie Frazier, you do it in a way like this, then Bo certainly has the right-and all the power in the world-to say, "we dont need him", and pretty much just phase him on out.

Now, I apologize now for rolling Ralph into a category of Frazier. Obviously that's a bad comparison. But I cant really come up with anyone else whatsoever that Bo has obviously and/or publicly turned away from. That I know of, Ralph has not done anything to deserve the ill feeling I have towards Tommie when it comes to life off the field after football. So I just wanted to throw this little disclaimer in there to go along with my idea that sometime these guys with this public angst are not doing themselves any favors with Bo. Like someone said above. Jay Foreman used to have issues as well. But obviously there was a sit down and a resolution to any issues there.

Obviously this is a two way street with the players and the program, and you're correct about Frazier.

When Bo dismissed Tommie, one of his comments was, "we're trying to build something here", which I find funny because, well, you don't have to build anything at Nebraska. It's already been built for you.

ROTFLMFAO

If, as u say "it doesn't have to be built" why the hell even have a head coach and a plane to recruit on? Unless you are talking about the actual physical building, that statement is asinine--here at Nebraska or Alabama or USC or Texas or Baylor or Louisville. Every SINGLE DAY is a building day.

Gentle reader......

My point was Bo Pelini was given the keys to a pretty decent program.

Good day.

• Fire 5

ROTFLMFAO

Gentle reader......

My point was Bo Pelini was given the keys to a pretty decent program.

Good day.

Sure. it just didnt have a motor and had bald tires.

Bo's put in a tremendous effort to change his persona when the cameras are rolling (kind of took a few steps back during the Iowa debacle haha). There's no telling if he's actually changed significantly as a person. The "us against the world" mentality might still be in full force behind the scenes.

It's a shame a lot of former players still don't really feel welcome.

I can't seem to find any information about Callahan being among the winningest coaches in the country during his 4 year tenure at Nebraska. I may just be overlooking it somewhere.

#9wins

#mediocrity

#relevance

#championships

#LOL

#roundandround

They've really brought me around though. Callahan was a great coach, it's too bad we fired him for no reason what so ever. He really had Nebraska in a great place. We should fire Bo and bring him back.

I can't seem to find any information about Callahan being among the winningest coaches in the country during his 4 year tenure at Nebraska. I may just be overlooking it somewhere.

#9wins

#mediocrity

#relevance

#championships

#LOL

#roundandround

They've really brought me around though. Callahan was a great coach, it's too bad we fired him for no reason what so ever. He really had Nebraska in a great place. We should fire Bo and bring him back.

Yeah, that's not what we are saying. We're pointing out similarities between the two coaches, which make them less than ideal.

There happen to be more comparisons to Bo and BC than the one stat that pins Bo to three other programs that no one else think Nebraska is on the level of.

If you'd care to look that is...

• Fire 2

#9wins

#mediocrity

#relevance

#championships

#LOL

#roundandround

Well yeah. I mean, any and all success Bo has had is in direct correlation to the things Callahan did and put in place. Not to mention the tremendous situation he and Pedey left the football program and AD in. All Bo had to do was sustain.

#9wins

#mediocrity

#relevance

#championships

#LOL

#roundandround

Well yeah. I mean, any and all success Bo has had is in direct correlation to the things Callahan did and put in place. Not to mention the tremendous situation he and Pedey left the football program and AD in. All Bo had to do was sustain.

Heh.

#9wins

#mediocrity

#relevance

#championships

#LOL

#roundandround

Heh.

See. You knew I'd come around at some point, right?