Bill Callahan positive achievements thread.

I always thought that Shawn Watson was a good OC for the specific system that he knew and wanted to run, but the system Bo wanted is not what was in Watson's wheelhouse. I don't blame Watson for that, either, but both he and Nebraska probably would have been better off if he had just left at the same time as Callahan.

There was too much experimentation and not enough of an actual identity going on in those first three years.

If you compare Nebraska's 2007 offense with Sam Keller and Joe Ganz to the 2012 offense featuring Ameer Abdullah, Taylor Martinez and Kenny Bell...

Total offense? Both years were very similar in points per game (33.4 vs 34.8), yards per game (468 vs 460), and first downs per game (24.3 vs 23.6).

2007 had a better passing game (323 ypg vs. 207) while 2012 had the better rushing game (253 ypg vs 174).

The true difference? Defensively, 2007 (38ppg/476ypg) was the walking trainwreck compared to '12 (28ppg/360ypg).

Cosgrove'd...

HOANCZAEADBTWKV.20040423011508.jpg

And this is why I don't post/visit much on here anymore.

Amen brother.

This just sucks. I left HOL because of the trolling drama queens. Really enjoyed EZ-E, ADS and especially Ohio Pete. Just sucks......

Yes, instead of sticking around, giving insight, bringing some knowledge to the conversation and making the place better, you don't like how things are going so you give up.

Defeatist attitudes seem to be a recurring topic lately.

I think we just need some football to talk about here. That's not gonna happen for awhile. Bo's not going anywhere so the discussion of his job is pretty worn out. How about start a thread about the current team and the first dumbass to mention the name Bo gets a permaban.

I do agree about how this has become a circle jerk session for those with opposing views... And it is far from "passionate for the team" as some may argue.

Back to the point of the discussion. I will say this about Bill Callahan:

Despite the way he killed the Nebraska name, there were some truly exciting games I have watched during his time here. I never felt negativity towards him directly during games (I CANNOT say the same about Cosgrove...), and in fact, I can confidently say that he is an excellent offensive mind. His offensive scheme is one that works extremely well in both college and NFL WITH (emphasis on with) the right type of players. The system under Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz was a beautiful thing to watch. I still haven't seen a two minute offense work as well as Callahan's. I used to joke that we always needed to run the two minute offense, but I actually wasn't joking... haha!

BUT

Terrible head coach. Maybe he'll become one again someday in the NFL, but even then, I don't think he'll be successful. He just seems to not manage the HC thing very well. We have to remember, this dude coached a team to the Super Bowl and almost to another one! You don't do that by accident, but regardless, he should stick to an OC role. I think that's where he's best.

The offense was exciting! It's still unbelievable how Marlon Lucky was our leading receiver one year.

We probably would have been even better if we had better WR's.

I like our WR's we have now. I think Allen will be something special, he seems to have a knack for having great communication and chemistry with QB's. Watching some of the best plays from the spring game (I know, the spring game isn't a game of true competition but..) he made a great play along the sideline where he found the sweetspot within the zone coverage. His TD was great too. I know it seemed easy since the corner was coming in on a blitz, but a lot of WR's don't seem to recognize that as quick as Allen did.

And this is why I don't post/visit much on here anymore.

Amen brother.

This just sucks. I left HOL because of the trolling drama queens. Really enjoyed EZ-E, ADS and especially Ohio Pete. Just sucks......

Yes, instead of sticking around, giving insight, bringing some knowledge to the conversation and making the place better, you don't like how things are going so you give up.

Defeatist attitudes seem to be a recurring topic lately.

I think we just need some football to talk about here. That's not gonna happen for awhile. Bo's not going anywhere so the discussion of his job is pretty worn out. How about start a thread about the current team and the first dumbass to mention the name Bo gets a permaban.

I won't speak for any other poster but sticking around and giving insight to serial trollers who are broken records is annoying and I don't blame anyone who gives up and goes elsewhere. This is not like an honest debate with someone when they reflexively ignore insight, knowledge and efforts to make the place better. Anyone who spent any time on HOL knows what is going on.

• Fire 2

I don't blame anyone who gives up and goes elsewhere. This is not like an honest debate with someone when they reflexively ignore insight, knowledge and efforts to make the place better. Anyone who spent any time on HOL knows what is going on.

And that's exactly why I'm locking this thread. This isn't about honest debate, it's about trolling people who see things differently.

Whenever we err here, we're going to err on the side of positivity toward the players and the program. It's a Husker fan site, not a site dedicated to exposing every flaw about the Huskers. If you want a site like that, this isn't it. And we're losing good posters because that's what it's turning into.

• Fire 4