Will Taylor Martinez play in the NFL?

He is lightning in a bottle. A great seam runner with incredible straight line speed. Watching him for three years he appears unable to lower a shoulder to take a hit, receive the hit or deliver one. He also appears to have little ability to juke a defender. Punt returner or KO maybe. DB, unsure of his ability to cover or tackle. Receiver, ability to make folks miss or even catch the ball.

He tested very well at pro day and supposedly did a great job on the scout team as a receiver so he might have that ability. On speed alone, IMO, he gets an invite somewhere.

We're still having this conversation? I thought people had figured out by now that he's not Eric Crouch, but he could still make guys miss with speed and one cut. And he did deliver blows in his time here, people just remember him standing up because those were the painful looking ones. :facepalm:

Despite not being able to juke Kansas State still hasn't tackled Taylor Martinez yet.

As for the NFL, I hope he can make a team and see game action someday but I really doubt it will happen.

Sure, he will sign a free agent contract with someone. NFL teams aren't out a whole lot by throwing a couple hundred thousand at a kid to come to camp and see what he can do. If they don't like what they see they cut them loose pretty fast.

If he makes a team the only way I see it is as a KR/WR.

Unless he makes an active roster, which I seeeeriously doubt, he wouldn't be getting a couple hundred thousand. With the new CBA, NFL teams can only budget $75,000 for undrafted free agents as signing bonuses, to be distributed amongst all FAs. You have to be on the squad during the actual season in order to get real money, but even being on the practice squad, the money is as low as $5,700 per week (as of 2012 anyway). That's still good money, but nowhere near active squad players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/undrafted-players-get-screwed-in-the-new-deal/

• Fire 1

With all due to respect to Taylor and the many achievements attained during his time at Nebraska, it would suffice to say no, he is not going to get drafted. Guys in the NFL get fired for less riskier picks, its cutthroat but its the NFL. It would be awesome if he did get drafted in the 6th or 7th round and I wish him good luck on the next level.

Like others have said, if Al Davis was still alive and off his rocker then yes Taylor would definitely have a home in Oakland. He will get picked up somewhere, it just depends what position he is willing to play.

I can see a team that runs gadget plays, like the Steelers, pick up Taylor if they can use him in a jet sweep pass/run formation, similar to Randle El.

With all due to respect to Taylor and the many achievements attained during his time at Nebraska, it would suffice to say no, he is not going to get drafted. Guys in the NFL get fired for less riskier picks, its cutthroat but its the NFL. It would be awesome if he did get drafted in the 6th or 7th round and I wish him good luck on the next level.

Like others have said, if Al Davis was still alive and off his rocker then yes Taylor would definitely have a home in Oakland. He will get picked up somewhere, it just depends what position he is willing to play.

I can see a team that runs gadget plays, like the Steelers, pick up Taylor if they can use him in a jet sweep pass/run formation, similar to Randle El.

These kinds of plays take a bit of finesse. If nothing else, TMart has proven to be a bit of a liability with all of the fumbling throughout his career.