***OFFICIAL*** 2014 HuskerBoard Predictions

I'm surprised with the Miami losses. They don't even have a QB an their defense was horrible last year. On top of that we have them at home in prime time where we have a very good record. I guess if winning by 2 TDs is considered a loss than I agree.

Same with the Northwestern predictions, back in 2011 they did walk up and down the field on us, but the past 2 years it's been more our mistakes that made the games close. 2 muffed punts inside our 40 and an 80 yard run was their offense back in 2012 and then 4 ints, including a crucial one with 2 minutes left, and a defense that started terribly were the reason the heroics were needed.

I also don't like Simian as a QB against a Pelini led D. He's the type of QB that Pelini's Ds chew up and spit out.

Absolutely doesn't mean we should take any B1G team lightly, but the losses I'm seeing in the B1G schedule are most likely coming from MSU and Wisconsin.

Same with the Northwestern predictions, back in 2011 they did walk up and down the field on us, but the past 2 years it's been more our mistakes that made the games close. 2 muffed punts inside our 40 and an 80 yard run was their offense back in 2012 and then 4 ints, including a crucial one with 2 minutes left, and a defense that started terribly were the reason the heroics were needed.

I also don't like Simian as a QB against a Pelini led D. He's the type of QB that Pelini's Ds chew up and spit out.

The bold is more or less why I picked us to beat Northwestern, and I agree with you on what has kept us close the last couple years. I'm not exactly convinced that stuff has been polished up yet, so another nail-biter seems likely. From a talent vs. talent perspective, though, we should win by 3+ scores.

Florida Atlantic Owls - Win

McNeese State Cowboys - Win

Fresno State Bulldogs - Win

Miami Hurricanes - Win

Michigan State Spartans - Win

Illinois Fighting Illini - Win

Northwestern Wildcats - Win

Rutgers Scarlet Knights - Win

Purdue Boilermakers - Win

Wisconsin Badgers - Win

Minnesota Golden Gophers - Win

Iowa Hawkeyes - Loss

BIG Title Game -Win

I don't see much on the schedule that "worries" me as a fan. I would imagine the largest underdog line the Huskers will have will be around -6, which, is basically a toss up.

• Fire 1

Miami Hurricanes - Win

Michigan State Spartans - Loss

Wisconsin Badgers - Win

Iowa Hawkeyes - Win

B1G Title Game vs Ohio State - Loss (but closer than the experts think)

• Fire 1

I'm surprised with the Miami losses. They don't even have a QB an their defense was horrible last year. On top of that we have them at home in prime time where we have a very good record. I guess if winning by 2 TDs is considered a loss than I agree.

It's just tough to guess at this point. But we're 2-4 in our "marquee" non conference games since Bo joined with the two wins being against Washington. In my eyes, we don't really have a qb any more than they do. Maybe Armstrong will have a Stave year where he looks loads better, who knows. But Miami is a hotbed or talent and I won't underestimate them or getting talent on the field. The other losses are teams we've traditionally struggled against coming into the B1G (Mich St. is just gonna have a good D again, not that we struggle), and Minnesota is the random team you pull out of a hat as our boneheaded loss to a team we shouldn't lose to but do. Last year we had two with Iowa and Nearly with Wyo but I think we keep it to one this year.

Miami Hurricanes - Win

Northwestern Wildcats - Loss

Wisconsin Badgers - Loss

Iowa Hawkeyes - Win

Nebraska is at Michigan State, Michigan State coming off a bye week, not good for us. Northwestern seems to know how to play us. We barely escaped at home last year, they will be looking to finish us off in their house this year. Wisconsin is a tough place to play. Given Nebraskas weakness stopping the run, and the fact that Wisonsin has two very good running backs and an experienced offensive line, the odds seem stacked against us.

I have Wisconsin going to the Big Ten Title game versus Ohio St.. I picked Wisconsin mostly due to their very favorable schedule.

Just a suggestion,maybe put "at" for the away games.

Good thread , nice change of pace!

:facepalm: I actually meant to go back and do that yesterday, but spaced it out. Good looking out.

Edit: flip-flopped Illinois and Michigan State on the schedule too.

Edited by The Dude

Miami Hurricanes - Win
Wisconsin Badgers - Loss
Iowa Hawkeyes - Win

I really don't think a ten win season is being too optimistic

@Fresno State Bulldogs - Win

Miami Hurricanes - Win

@Michigan State Spartans - Win

@Northwestern Wildcats - Win

@Wisconsin Badgers - Win

@Iowa Hawkeyes -Win

B1G CCG - WIN!

IF we can keep our turnovers to a minimum I don't see a team on our schedule we can't beat.

• Fire 1

Florida Atlantic - Win

McNeese State - Win

@ Fresno State - Win

Miami - Win

Illinois - Win

@ Michigan State - Win

@ Northwestern - Win

Rutgers - Win

Purdue - Win

@ Wisconsin - Win

Minnesota - Win

@ Iowa - Win

Easy W's from FAU, McNeese, Fresno, Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue. Miami will be challenging but I'd like to think we can beat them especially in Lincoln. No way we drop 2 in a row to either Michigan State or Minnesota. Northwestern loses Colter which only helps, but who really knows how these games will turn out. The Wisconsin game will be extremely difficult and very close. I hope our experience with close games favors us in Madison. Finally, we should never lose to Iowa. The only team that I would consider better than us on this schedule could possibly be Michigan State.

Fresno State Bulldogs - Loss

Miami Hurricanes - Win

Michigan State Spartans - Win

Northwestern Wildcats - Loss

Wisconsin Badgers - Loss

Minnesota Golden Gophers - Loss

Iowa Hawkeyes - Loss