Josh Banderas Arrested

Hey, I'll keep an open mind. If this is part of some ongoing prank of people pretending to "steal" bikes but relocating them to another bike rack half a block down the sidewalk, I'm kinda willing to forgive and forget this one, especially if everyone whose bike was in the back of the truck had pulled this same stunt on Bando and the other bike owners before this.

Barring that extreeeeeeemely unrealistic scenario being true, we're left with Bando being in possession of a bunch of previously locked up bikes, a bolt cutter, and some pretty pissed-off bike owners. Not a lot of ambiguity as we sit here.

• Fire 1

I always like to wait before making any assumptions about the quilt of anyone that is only been charged with a crime. Until he is convicted he is innocent, and we should allow the legal process to continue. We have seen plenty of mistakes that have cost people their careers, such as duke lacrosse rape scandal. I am all for suspending him from the team for the time being, but anything more is an over reaction and is silly considering we know almost nothing about what really happened.

Normally I would be the wait and see type but this seems pretty clear cut. Like Knap said, not much can explain this one away.

The problem is there is a possibility that he is innocent, or the charges make it sound much worse than it is. For all we know he had his bike stolen, and realized that the row of bikes contained his and others that belong to teammates that also had theirs stolen. Went out got a bolt cutter and took them back. Regardless of the circumstances anyone who is charged with a crime, is innocent until proven guilty. I find it strange we are so quick to pass judgement on a kid without knowing any real facts.

They had flat tires and he was taking them to get fixed???? :dunno

Totally possible, just cleaning up an eyesore around campus. Actually I did that in college, and right after I got it all fixed up, the guy who "owned" it came and asked for it back. I was like it sat here for a year and you didn't even ride the damn thing.

A prank? Ok. It starts with the media. Lucky for him he will have a good lawyer and most likely get off with a slap on the hand. Show your junk at a convenience store and get banned from campus, steal a lot of bikes on campus and....I guess we will find out. More that meets the eye?? Hahaha I can't wait to hear it

Totally possible, just cleaning up an eyesore around campus

For all we know he had his bike stolen, and realized that the row of bikes contained his and others that belong to teammates that also had theirs stolen. Went out got a bolt cutter and took them back.

If this is part of some ongoing prank of people pretending to "steal" bikes but relocating them to another bike rack half a block down the sidewalk, I'm kinda willing to forgive and forget this one

Really?....

Seriously, guys, REALLY???

I can't wait until these things above are cut and pasted into some other team's forum as an example of how delusional people in Nebraska can be when it comes to the Husker football team.

• Fire 6

Once I had to saw through my own bike lock because it had rusted up and I couldn't open it. Some guy walked by and was like, "REALLY?!" -- he didn't call the police, but I suppose if he had, it's possible they could have decided to hit me up with some charge.

So, taking Sip's tweet in mind, there is a legitimate chance that this was just stupid, rather than stupid as well as malevolent. With it happening at 5:10 in the afternoon...they weren't exactly being sneaky. Major :facepalm: if it's as bad as it looks (and that was definitely my first reaction before reading through this thread). Nothing to do with him being a Nebraska player or not, but, very little to go on and we'll know when we know.

Hey, I'll keep an open mind. If this is part of some ongoing prank of people pretending to "steal" bikes but relocating them to another bike rack half a block down the sidewalk, I'm kinda willing to forgive and forget this one, especially if everyone whose bike was in the back of the truck had pulled this same stunt on Bando and the other bike owners before this.

Barring that extreeeeeeemely unrealistic scenario being true, we're left with Bando being in possession of a bunch of previously locked up bikes, a bolt cutter, and some pretty pissed-off bike owners. Not a lot of ambiguity as we sit here.

Wouldn't you think they would walk the bikes to another bike rack on campus if they truly were doing a prank? Why put them in the bed of a truck and drive away? Also i'd still be pissed if my bike lock got clipped, those things can run anywhere from $20-50. Also, don't forget school was done as of last week. If there were a lot of bikes still on campus it would seem very easy to get away. The daytime is explained by the fact that it's very fishy coming on campus at 3a.m and being seen compared to acting like you are doing nothing wrong but steering your bike around at 5 after they were cut. They could have assumed they were abandoned, and considering these bikes were valued at almost $1700 means they were nicer ones than most and probably targeted. The only explanation that I think could save them is if the bikes were somehow both of theirs, both forgot their combos/key, but can't prove they are/don't have records. The second some random kid comes looking for their bike and reports it...game over.