Husker Trick Plays -- Will we ever see one again?

Zac taylor pretending to walk off the field against CU in 2006.

Wow. My attempts to expunge that era from my memory must be working because I have no recollection of that play.

I don't remember it either. (At the 3:00 point). If the Puffaloe Middle LB doesn't make a phenomenal play that thing goes for another 15 yards or so. :lol:

Zac taylor pretending to walk off the field against CU in 2006.

Wow. My attempts to expunge that era from my memory must be working because I have no recollection of that play.

I don't remember it either. (At the 3:00 point). If the Puffaloe Middle LB doesn't make a phenomenal play that thing goes for another 15 yards or so. :lol:

I was at that game. Old Billy C saved all the trick plays for that game. I can't remember exactly the plays, but I remember there being 3-4 trick plays.

We havent reall ran a "trick play"- by general definition-since 2008 against colorado. Earlier that year we ran a fake field goal where the holder flipped to Henery who ran for a first down. Then against Colorado we tried and it got picked off the other way for 6. Yrs in 2010 against Ok St Alex Henery did tick a punt anx run for a first down but i dont it falls in line with your classic trick play. He got a look and was given the green light. And we've also seen wrinkle plays here and there but nothing that stands out as your classic trick play.

Rex had a HB pass to Kinnie in 2010 against Colorado.

We havent reall ran a "trick play"- by general definition-since 2008 against colorado. Earlier that year we ran a fake field goal where the holder flipped to Henery who ran for a first down. Then against Colorado we tried and it got picked off the other way for 6. Yrs in 2010 against Ok St Alex Henery did tick a punt anx run for a first down but i dont it falls in line with your classic trick play. He got a look and was given the green light. And we've also seen wrinkle plays here and there but nothing that stands out as your classic trick play.

Rex had a HB pass to Kinnie in 2010 against Colorado.

Starting to get into semantics but Rex threw four passes in 2010, two in 2011 and one in 2012. He also lined up under center several time in plays pretty similar to Taylor walking off the field.

Also, I think snapping the ball to an lineman and having them try to run for a first down should probably qualify as a trick play.

Have to vote this one as well because Crouch was running right at where I was sitting standing.

Wow. You were there for that?! You lucky SOB. That's probably one of my most vivid memories of Husker football. We were yelling, jumping up and down...damn that was fun. Probably the single best play ever.......right along with a few others....lol. I'm having this same issue in the other "pick your favorite player" thread. So hard to pick just one.

I was at that game also. We were in the north end zone, looking right down that east sideline. That play was nuts.

I think for our next "trick" play we should rush and try to block a punt. That may not qualify as a trick play for any other team but it would for us.

Bo's been setting this one up for the last couple of years.

We blocked a punt last year vs. Penn State and have also had blocks against OSU in '11, Oklahoma in '10 and Baylor in '09 just off the top of my head :dunno