Michael Rose hurt...seems serious.

Anyone else notice this was one of the first things said in his post: "prove to people I can be an every down linebacker." - Why do these kids feel they need to "prove themselves to people"? Obviously reading into it quite a bit, but I've seen other players make statements like that as well. They aren't talking about the coaches, or even their teammates. There are things they can control, and things they can't. Proving themselves to people should be at the bottom of whatever list of goals they have. Kind of shocked to see it as the reasoning behind his off season work. I really feel there is a psychological edge that this roster lacks. You see it in the blowouts, it's shows up when faced with adversity. Rose is playing D1 ball, he has nothing to prove to anyone. Play 100%, hard on every down, execute to the best of your ability and everything works itself out.

Anyone else notice this was one of the first things said in his post: "prove to people I can be an every down linebacker." - Why do these kids feel they need to "prove themselves to people"? Obviously reading into it quite a bit, but I've seen other players make statements like that as well. They aren't talking about the coaches, or even their teammates. There are things they can control, and things they can't. Proving themselves to people should be at the bottom of whatever list of goals they have. Kind of shocked to see it as the reasoning behind his off season work. I really feel there is a psychological edge that this roster lacks. You see it in the blowouts, it's shows up when faced with adversity. Rose is playing D1 ball, he has nothing to prove to anyone. Play 100%, hard on every down, execute to the best of your ability and everything works itself out.

This is a case of you making a bigger deal out of one sentence than needs to be.

Every player from little kids ball to the pros want to prove to other people how good they are and that they deserve to be thought of as one of the best on the field. I have no problem with that being part of his motivation in the off season.

Also, players and coaches are "people" too. I would think that every player wants to prove to the players and coaches they deserve to be on the field as much as possible.

Also, players and coaches are "people" too. I would think that every player wants to prove to the players and coaches they deserve to be on the field as much as possible.

He wasn't talking about players and coaches. He was talking about people outside the program. I just don't think these kids need to waste one second of their time worrying about proving something to any of us.

He wasn't talking about players and coaches. He was talking about people outside the program. I just don't think these kids need to waste one second of their time worrying about proving something to any of us.

If you don't think most major college players want to prove something to the fans then you are delusional.

I suggest fans stop trying to read too much into every single little thing players say. This kid worked his azz off in the off season and did everything (from reports I have seen) needed to try to have a great season and this happened. He is very disappointed and down in the dumps. Brush it off and move on as a fan.

• Fire 1

I'm not gonna freak out. Injuries suck but they're a part of football. Players go down and other players step up. When T.Frazier went down, imagine the odds and payout you would have garnered for Berringer and Turman getting us to the national championship game. You can call it Kool-Aid, but it's really just facing fear of the unknown with a positive outlook.

You might look at the injuries and think that in or out of pads, guys are flying around full throttle. That should continue if the team is as motivated as they claim. If you're gonna lose a starter, now is the best time as opposed to 3 days before B1G play opens up.

I'd like to see Roach get his shot, but I would guess Bando gets the nod. As much as I would like it, I can't see them moving Gangwish back. I love the fact the guy attacks like a pitbull on meth, but they've spent too much time building him up for line play.

All in all, this'll be an interesting week of practice.

Well if he has any chance at playing in the NFL, he is going to have a lot to prove to a lot of people. Maybe that is where he was aiming.

• 1 month later...

I saw this the other day and forgot to post it:

Mike Welch @RealMikeWelch · Sep 29

Bo Pelini on @Rose_IveyNB15, "You look at him now, how he's working, you wouldn't think he had knee surgery just a short time ago." #Huskers

Michael Rose-Ivey ‏@Rose_IveyNB15 Sep 29

@RealMikeWelch you know how much I had to pay coach Bo to say that?? Lol

just great.

first we had to worry about boosters paying players. now we have to worry about players paying coaches. when does it stop?

I saw this the other day and forgot to post it:

Mike Welch @RealMikeWelch · Sep 29

Bo Pelini on @Rose_IveyNB15, "You look at him now, how he's working, you wouldn't think he had knee surgery just a short time ago." #Huskers

Michael Rose-Ivey ‏@Rose_IveyNB15 Sep 29

@RealMikeWelch you know how much I had to pay coach Bo to say that?? Lol

just great.

first we had to worry about boosters paying players. now we have to worry about players paying coaches. when does it stop?

How is he gonna be able to pay for the water and electricity now?

We don't want him to play though, right? Let him take the medical redshirt?

That's an interesting question if we get towards the end of the season and he is cleared to play. Personally, I say sit him no matter what. If we lose some games, there isn't a chance of a championship so why waste his year on a non-championship year. If we are still undefeated, the defense is obviously playing well and why mess with what has been working?

Sit him, let him heal. Ask for a MR and we then have three years with him left.