Aaron Curry transferring

It definitely sucks to lose him, but I think it says more about Collins and Valentine. All it's going to take is one injury and this could come back to hurt us.

that's what a lot of kids do today....can't get playing time, they transfer to another team that may need strength at that position....no biggie.

It definitely sucks to lose him, but I think it says more about Collins and Valentine. All it's going to take is one injury and this could come back to hurt us.

that's what a lot of kids do today....can't get playing time, they transfer to another team that may need strength at that position....no biggie.

Oklahoma is the #3-#4 team in the country and they need strength at DT more than us?

He went from starter his last two years to the last string.

Don't forget that Givens Prices even beat him out in the rotation after moving....

Curry is a DT and Givens Price is on the O-Line? Givens Price has never been on the D-Line so not sure where you are going with this one. Yes Curry fell behind Williams and potentially Maurice.

Oklahoma is the #3-#4 team in the country and they need strength at DT more than us?

At NU, the players ahead of him all have two years as does he. I would assume Oklahoma has there talent a little more spread out. Collins & Valentine will almost certianly keep him out of the top unit for his entire career & if Williams & Maurice beat him out. He could be stuck in the 3rd rotation with younger guys being added yearly.

At NU, the players ahead of him all have two years as does he. I would assume Oklahoma has there talent a little more spread out. Collins & Valentine will almost certianly keep him out of the top unit for his entire career & if Williams & Maurice beat him out. He could be stuck in the 3rd rotation with younger guys being added yearly.

Until injuries happen. We will have injuries to this unit at some point.

@BPrzybylo: Aaron Curry Sr. says no scholarship available for Curry Jr., will NOT transfer to #Sooners & will not walk-on

@BPrzybylo: Aaron Curry Sr. says family looking at 5-6 schools closer to home than Nebraska. "Wants to be close to home on scholarship."

@BPrzybylo: Curry family wanted #OU from start, but #Sooners didn't take any DTs for 2012 class. And now just no room for Aaron Jr.

Now it will probably end up being TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State or Kansas State.

I find it funny that Curry wants to transfer to be "closer to home", but is considering K-State. That extra 2 hours closer to Dallas is going to be huge. Yes, I understand that being in the Big 12 would enable him to play more games in/near Texas, but this is most likely due to being 2nd string now.