Pat Forde's top 3 coaches on the hot seat

T2T...There is definitely room to improve and "right this thing". However, rebuilding the house to add a sunroom is unnecessary.

Husker fans are "frustrated" with the last 15 years, we all are. No one thinks the current situation is ideal and all we can ask for. But, some of us think we need to actually see the cracks in the foundation before we hire a demo crew. Because, I believe, firing Bo "now" along with the Solich situation would be demolishing this program to a point that it will never get rebuilt.

My threshold: Bo Pelini either has a disaster season (4-8) or at least two seasons where the team is barely bowl eligible (6-6) depending on record and competition. This would at least show candidates that NU is/was close in the last couple years, but the expectations were not unrealistic for a traditional football power. Therefore, we fans might get a coach to make that next step; if Pelini isn't that coach.

• Fire 4

Okay. Sorry folks, it's not time to right this thing.

Keep up the good work Bo!

No sh#t. I feel like those students in The Wall walking into the brain washing machine. Lots of folks hereabouts with low standards and shooting at targets well below "excellence". In a sick sort of way maybe they're right......they'll probably get what they want while the rest of us continue to desire more, like championships, big victories, national relevance, etc. It's so tough to get to nine wins when you're spotted the first seven, apparently. Go ahead, strive for mediocrity and celebrate it when you achieve it. Here's your participation ribbon.

• Fire 9

No sh#t. I feel like those students in The Wall walking into the brain washing machine. Lots of folks hereabouts with low standards and shooting at targets well below "excellence". In a sick sort of way maybe they're right......they'll probably get what they want while the rest of us continue to desire more, like championships, big victories, national relevance, etc. It's so tough to get to nine wins when you're spotted the first seven, apparently. Go ahead, strive for mediocrity and celebrate it when you achieve it. Here's your participation ribbon.

seems like 9 wins is where it is at. regardless of who we beat, who beats us, and by how much they beat us.

• Fire 5

i guess i just wonder why all these national pundits think bo is on the hot seat. other than to rile up one specific fan base (of a team to win a mnc from the least populous state to have done so) and get all those sweet clicks.

For every one that puts Bo on the hot seat, there is one who doesn't.

If you want to use Mizzou Forde as as credible excuse to put a Nebraska coach on the hot seat, then let's talk about that ocean front property near Scottsbluff that I'm trying to sell.

U interested?

Okay. Sorry folks, it's not time to right this thing.

Keep up the good work Bo!

Well said. Where's the "like" button.

• Fire 1

What do all three of those schools have in common?

Tradition of excellence.

It's only a tradition until you let it die.

Nebraska has been more patient with Bo Pelini than many, many schools are with head coaches.

It's time to right this thing, and I don't have any qualms in saying that.

Oh, the horror and pain and agony in only winning 9/10 games per year.

Only about 95% of division 1 teams feel sorry for you, and TO agrees.

Anyhow,looks like more bait for the tangent thread.

For every one that puts Bo on the hot seat, there is one who doesn't.

If you want to use Mizzou Forde as as credible excuse to put a Nebraska coach on the hot seat, then let's talk about that ocean front property near Scottsbluff that I'm trying to sell.

U interested?

so 50% have him on the hot seat? that seems like a lot.

and the funny thing about bias is that it works both ways. maybe your bias against "mizzou forde" is getting in the way of your judgment.

• Fire 1

parting thoughts for this thread: be critical of the media, not the coach (especially when the media expects more from your program than the coach has proven capable of).

I guess I'm not as moved by the opinions of outsiders as some.

But do you hold the opinions of the pro Bo outsiders in the same regards or higher than the anti Bo or anti Nebraska outsiders?