Bo mentioned neutral site games today in his presser.

Do you think this would be a good idea financially?

Would it be good for national recognition/recruiting exposure?

Who would like to play and where?

I saw a few suggestions on Twitter about playing Oklahoma in Arrowhead.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

The answer to both of those questions is yes.

It's been proven pretty obviously that the financial gain for both teams is pretty hefty, especially if you trade an away game for it. Even if that was a wash, everyone remembers them. LSU/Oregon, Bama/Michigan, Boise/Va Tech, etc.

It's been proven pretty obviously that the financial gain for both teams is pretty hefty, especially if you trade an away game for it. Even if that was a wash, everyone remembers them. LSU/Oregon, Bama/Michigan, Boise/Va Tech, etc.

Do you have any sources on that? I know Dirk wrote an article last year saying Nebraska was really missing the boat on a neutral site game because Michigan made about $5M for their game. Not sure if that $5M was before or after expenses but Nebraska makes nearly $5M simply from ticket sales for one home game so I think it's a wash at best if we give up a home game. Giving up a road game would obviously be a gain.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do it. I just don't see the financial argument.

Bo mentioned neutral site games today in his presser.

Do you think this would be a good idea financially?

Would it be good for national recognition/recruiting exposure?

Who would like to play and where?

I saw a few suggestions on Twitter about playing Oklahoma in Arrowhead.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I think it'd be GREAT for recruiting. Not sure it makes sense, $$ wise though. But if it was truly a neutral field we'd prolly still have a home field crowd advantage. Even when NU plays OOC opponents away we often fill the stadium with red. I went to the Wake Forest game in '07 (maybe the highpoint of '07) and there was about as much red as there was black/gold. When you play at a non-conf place like Winston-Salem (Wake Forest) it gives out-of-state Husker fans a chance to attend a game.

I'd like to see us play Notre Dame at Soldier Field. :lol:

I'd like to play Colorado on the Moon.

Be serious man. By the time we have technology to play on the moon, CU will have cancelled their football program.

LULZ :lol:

/ although Stanford may have a satellite campus on the moon by then. lol

• Fire 1

Mizzou in Arrowhead would be fun.

What do you think about playing a game at the race track down in KC? I think Tennessee is doing something like that in the next couple of years?

It's a 1.5 mile track. The stands are way to far away from the field, and it really only holds like 75,000. The bank is steep enough they could bring in about 50 rows of seats over the track - but with the road course though the middle, the garages, etc - it wouldn't be possible. Not sure the infield is big enough, but maybe. Bristol is hosting one here pretty soon I think - if you watched the race last weekend you saw that place is set up perfectly for 130k.

Sporting Park (our new soccer stadium) is hosting DII championships this year I think. With about 19,000 it's a perfect place for DII football. Those will be kind of cool to go to.