Saturday: What time do you start with your Husker related plans?

I like to get up early, really early. My day starts at 5:30 AM by putting some Prince on the LP (only the sound of vinyl will do for me on game days). I let that simmer and move from Prince record to prince record for a solid hour, hour and a half. Then I move it over to Marty Robbins at about 7:45. When 'Big Iron' is played, I get deep into meditation mode. I imagine Bo strolling through the tunnel in that iconic sweatshirt, and I just let the goosebumps roll.

Around 8:30 I start drinking. Scotch. But not Scotch by itself - I mix it up in a smoothie with kale, collard greens, eggs, and a bone broth made from organic, grass-fed animal marrow. Roughly six shots of Lagavulin 16 does really well with kale.

As soon as the smoothie has been delicately poured into my 'Das Boot' style glass (with a photo of Erin Andrews Scotch taped to it), I move the session over to my T.O. shrine in the garage. I kneel before His Great Perfection and offer burnt sacrifices on my George Foreman grill (that I painted with red finger nail polish, of course - love that glossy red shine).

I usually lose track of time in front of the shrine, and now we're talking probably, oh, 10:30. I switch to Cutty Sark about then. I pour it into a stadium cup I saved from the 1994 Pacific game. I start to really feel it. I'm a little tipsy, probably too tipsy to drive, but I get on the Vespa and head down to Elephant Hall. I just lay down under that big beast on the front steps and stare at those tusks, and imagine a thousand metaphors for the Husker glory days that were.

I don't have tickets, mind you, so I jet back home. I usually have to beg Mom to scoot over on the couch; it's Saturday morning, so she's hung over from Bingo night. I turn on the 15" Sanyo to channel 8 and get a bit of that sweet-to-the-taste local pre-game magic. Then I go with the foam dome hat, equipped with a couple Milwaukee's best, and slip into the ether as Ed Cunningham's voice slowly reels me in.

That's the usual.

Hahaha, love it

I like to get up early, really early. My day starts at 5:30 AM by putting some Prince on the LP (only the sound of vinyl will do for me on game days). I let that simmer and move from Prince record to prince record for a solid hour, hour and a half. Then I move it over to Marty Robbins at about 7:45. When 'Big Iron' is played, I get deep into meditation mode. I imagine Bo strolling through the tunnel in that iconic sweatshirt, and I just let the goosebumps roll.

Around 8:30 I start drinking. Scotch. But not Scotch by itself - I mix it up in a smoothie with kale, collard greens, eggs, and a bone broth made from organic, grass-fed animal marrow. Roughly six shots of Lagavulin 16 does really well with kale.

As soon as the smoothie has been delicately poured into my 'Das Boot' style glass (with a photo of Erin Andrews Scotch taped to it), I move the session over to my T.O. shrine in the garage. I kneel before His Great Perfection and offer burnt sacrifices on my George Foreman grill (that I painted with red finger nail polish, of course - love that glossy red shine).

I usually lose track of time in front of the shrine, and now we're talking probably, oh, 10:30. I switch to Cutty Sark about then. I pour it into a stadium cup I saved from the 1994 Pacific game. I start to really feel it. I'm a little tipsy, probably too tipsy to drive, but I get on the Vespa and head down to Elephant Hall. I just lay down under that big beast on the front steps and stare at those tusks, and imagine a thousand metaphors for the Husker glory days that were.

I don't have tickets, mind you, so I jet back home. I usually have to beg Mom to scoot over on the couch; it's Saturday morning, so she's hung over from Bingo night. I turn on the 15" Sanyo to channel 8 and get a bit of that sweet-to-the-taste local pre-game magic. Then I go with the foam dome hat, equipped with a couple Milwaukee's best, and slip into the ether as Ed Cunningham's voice slowly reels me in.

That's the usual.

standing+ovation2.gif

This Saturday, I will get up around 7:30 or so. Get some Jim Beam in me and begin baking some wing action for tailgating. Thereafter, I will continue to drink, get ready, drink some more, have my ride pick me up for the game, head to Haymarket Park, drink more...........then go to the game, drink after........then chillllllllllll watching other CFB games. Simple and yet an exciting day.

I have to have surgery tomorrow morning and I told the wife I better be home BY GAME TIME!!

Just make sure you keep the ice bag on for a couple days and try not to do too much. This will give you a chance to watch as much football this weekend as possible.

Also, don't west boxers for about a week.

Sounds Good!! :thumbs

Got a family reunion in Lincoln this weekend. Not sure what's wrong with people, but why do they have to screw with football. I normally only get to watch Husker games, so I guess I'll try to get my workout in Friday night, get up at a decent time Saturday, do a little family stuff around noon, sneak off to the local watering hole around 2 and hope to get a seat.

Why do people do family reunions and weddings on game days? ????

Ive turned 3 weddings to be in this fall. Dont give a sh#t. When I had to miss being in attendance of the 300th sellout for a person who's the only one in the world that would miss such a thing for, I determined that was the last time ever.

My daughter is in my wife's cousin's wedding in lincoln the day of the Mich St. game. Warnings have already been dispersed that I will be leaving the wedding/reception/pictures/whatever the hell point in time we're at to go to whereever to watch the game. It's also a night I would like to organize some sort of Huskerboard watch party it at all possible.

Yeah, I'm supposed to be in a wedding on Fresno St. Game day. Pissed me off, as I told the party not to have their wedding on a game day, unless they wanted to hear smart azz comments all day and have their reception be empty by kickoff. Sucky thing is its in small town Nebraska, not even sure if the game will be on tv.

The Fresno State game is 930p on CBS. Should be okay for that one, I think.

I'll get home from work at about 5am, ruck for about 3 1/2 miles, shower, get to bed by 7am, up at 2 or 2:30 (EST)...

Only thing is, not sure what to do for the grub situation. Do I just wimp out, and go get a fine, hand crafted pizza (one of the few things that is done well in Jersey), or make something myself...

If that's your normal sat shift, I feel bad for you the following week. 11AM kickoff - ouch.

Pizza sounds good. You'll probably doze off 30 minutes later though. If you choose to make something, think about finger licking munchies.....like chips, queso, sloppy joes, or BBQ. The stuff that goes good with an adult beverage or two. Have some fun bc it's the first game of the year!

Got a family reunion in Lincoln this weekend. Not sure what's wrong with people, but why do they have to screw with football. I normally only get to watch Husker games, so I guess I'll try to get my workout in Friday night, get up at a decent time Saturday, do a little family stuff around noon, sneak off to the local watering hole around 2 and hope to get a seat.

Why do people do family reunions and weddings on game days? ????

Ive turned 3 weddings to be in this fall. Dont give a sh#t. When I had to miss being in attendance of the 300th sellout for a person who's the only one in the world that would miss such a thing for, I determined that was the last time ever.

My daughter is in my wife's cousin's wedding in lincoln the day of the Mich St. game. Warnings have already been dispersed that I will be leaving the wedding/reception/pictures/whatever the hell point in time we're at to go to whereever to watch the game. It's also a night I would like to organize some sort of Huskerboard watch party it at all possible.

Yeah, I'm supposed to be in a wedding on Fresno St. Game day. Pissed me off, as I told the party not to have their wedding on a game day, unless they wanted to hear smart azz comments all day and have their reception be empty by kickoff. Sucky thing is its in small town Nebraska, not even sure if the game will be on tv.

The Fresno State game is 930p on CBS. Should be okay for that one, I think.
Yeah, but the reception starts at 8, so I gotta be there for that. If it sucks, I'll probably bail to the bar.

But I like to drink and dance, so it's quite the quandry.

That's the usual.

I read this in Dwight Schrute's.

The Huskers will win tomorrow by three touchdowns. False. They will win by four touchdowns and a field goal.

• Fire 1