Bo Pelini hates the Devil Weed

I mean put it this way, I don't doubt that there are harmful effects. Eating a cheeseburger has harmful effects. But they are undoubtedly less than that of alcohol, both to your body and to the people around you, that much we know.

Exactly. Legalize it, tax it, and put the money towards schools or something.

+1 Also quit incarcerating pot heads for possession, and clogging up our prisons. Just levy fines based on the amount of the possession.

+1 on both of them

I mean put it this way, I don't doubt that there are harmful effects. Eating a cheeseburger has harmful effects. But they are undoubtedly less than that of alcohol, both to your body and to the people around you, that much we know.

Exactly. Legalize it, tax it, and put the money towards schools or something.

+1 Colorado is making big money off it

Weird thing to get that mad at. Especially considering a great many pro athletes use that as their vice instead of drinking.

Ask Josh Gordon how that's working out for him. It's not okay in pro athletics either. They are tested for it and punished if caught. So how is it okay in pro athletics?

Weird thing to get that mad at. Especially considering a great many pro athletes use that as their vice instead of drinking.

Ask Josh Gordon how that's working out for him. It's not okay in pro athletics either. They are tested for it and punished if caught. So how is it okay in pro athletics?

Ask the several hundred who are smart enough to circumvent the testing.

This is almost funny to me, what do you think Bo was going to say....Its awesome and I encourage everyone to try it! I cant wait till 230 tomorrow so articles like this will stop. What a odd question and even weirder time to ask the question. Is the media that bored they cant figure out a question regarding football that they felt inclined to ask a question that would garner a hot topic response that they could write about...anyway my two cents is this....

If they(US) could of done it over again they would have legalized weed and prohibited alcohol. Its a hell of a lot safer than the sociological impacts of drinking. Medicinally there are several benefits and they outweigh the negative impact. The truth of the matter is the Gov't cant figure out how to tax it and the political spin on it is that its terrible for you. Furthermore, its literally impossible to stop different individuals, groups and cartels from growing it and bringing it into this country. If they were able to tax it I believe it would be legalized on a national level. The reason it isn't taxed is because it wasnt a cash crop years ago like it is today. I would argue that cigarettes with all of the additives and chemicals in it is more damaging. Why are cigs legal? Thats right they can tax it!! Follow the money and you will have your answer...its the answer to most issues about 99% of the time! I think its rediculious to be honest and this is coming from someone who dosent smoke it.

He HAS to be totally against smoking weed because his players can get in one heck of a lot of trouble if they are caught doing it.

Only because of people like him, ironically

Not necessarily.

There is a big chance his attitude towards it would change if it were made legal.

Could be. Part of me thinks he's being at least a little disingenuous here. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

There isn't anything disingenuous about his comments. A lot of HS kids and college kids smoke weed. They can get into one heck of a lot of trouble by doing so. He works in an industry where he is a roll model for young kids. Drugs are a major part of how many minority kids screw up their lives no matter if it's by frying their brains on something like crack or getting busted with a bag of weed and end up in jail. Many of the kids he deals with are inner city minority kids where there is a major problem with them being arrested with weed.

His job is not to debate if weed should be legal or not. I'll guarantee you that he sees and deals with the ramifications of all of this much more than most of us do.

• Fire 1

What a odd question and even weirder time to ask the question. Is the media that bored they cant figure out a question regarding football that they felt inclined to ask a question that would garner a hot topic response that they could write about...

Just to let you know, it wasn't a question from the media. It was during the Q & A at Big Red Breakfast. An audience member asked how society has changed within the last few years that make his job different than it was before. His weed remarks were just part of a longer answer about how kids and society are different than they used to be with regards to personal responsibility and being prepared for the real world.