Offensive Identity

Saw that too. Not sure if it's as simple as slimming the playbook or something more significant than that.

We'll (start to) see tomorrow.

Ya I was inclined to think it was just slimming the playbook, as Sipple seemed to be the only one reporting it and not heavily. Was just making sure no one else had heard different.

If they truly looked at the past 12-18 months and really evaluated what worked and then applied this to what TA and Co can do well we might actually see a complete 4 quarters of good O. Beck seems to have some great plays i.e. TA to QE and then some complete head scratchers and then throw in some so-so calls and we get what we have seen the past few years. It appears that we finally have a OL with some nasty, Hypesman caliber RB (best tandem in the B1G) and too many receivers to actually use so better and more consistent play calling is a possibility if called to the strength. TA's and unknown commodity as last year was a season he probably never thought he would see and the staff probably hadn't really worked with. The O will go as far as Beck's play calling and his arm can go. Not saying I want more passing, but it will have to be good enough to move the chains or smart enough to throw it away.

Maybe this has already been reported and I just missed it but I found this tweet kind of interesting. Lot of different ways it could be taken.

Tim Beck essentially is reinventing himself as an O.C., I'm told. I'm very interested to see what the new version looks like. #Huskers

They've shown a willingness to change how they do business, that's for sure.

Bo said we didn't show much of what have.

I noticed no jet sweeps and only 1 jet sweep motion fake the whole game.

Interesting quote from Bo. I do recall a lot of jet sweeps/motions/fakes/etc during practice from the spring and fall camp footage. Didn't really need to tip our hand today in order to be effective, so hopefully we'll see that later on.