Isn't It Nice to Be Concerned About Rankings Again?

I'm feeling pretty good about where this one is going - but as I said weeks ago...I'm not making any decisions one way or another on this team until we're 5-6 weeks into the season.

So you won't be commenting in this thread for another 4-6 weeks.........?

i wonder if he changes his mind and comments on it in 3-4 weeks? it's the same I presume.

Again, big optimist about this season. Loved the opening win. But the title of the thread suggests we weren't concerned about rankings in recent years, when in fact we were in the exact same place: 1 - 0 after the opening game and expecting Nebraska to be ranked at the end of the season, higher the better.

Advising caution at this point doesn't equate to mudslinging, nor does it take away my enjoyment of a well-played season opener. I'm just trying to avoid premature ejaculation.

• Fire 2

But anyways . . . let's get back to talking about why the season was successful because we ended at #25 in one poll instead of #26 or lower.

This would seem to be a conversation with one participant at this point.

So you didn't have a broader point? Still sticking to the trees?

No. I don't see anyone labeling those as "successful".

i think the problem was that kchusker made a pretty good point and everyone jumped down his throat for getting a detail wrong. and by pointing out the reality of the situation (while also pretty much proving kc's point), everyone became depressed at our recent season finishes. forgive us for being a little cautious and being more concerned with wins and losses than rankings. especially when so many people disparage the ranking system anyway.

Like kc is the only victim of this? Every poster who posts his argument and gets a detail wrong will get called out on it by a handful of posters. That's part of being on a message board.

Wow, I'm trying to be optimistic and get excited about something and everybody is down. Bummer. All the years of losing has drained a lot of the optimism of our fan base. Nonetheless, I will stand by my prediction that this year is special. Very good things are going to happen.

played one game against a less than mediocre team, so while I've been happy with what I've seen so far, I'm waiting to see how they fare against better competition...