This is why you never, ever, ever let up

knapplc

While I agree with you that our guys should use his words as motivation, I don't agree with pretty much the rest of your take on it, and here's why:

What do we expect FAU players to say? "Man, we were scared as hell to go in there to their stadium. I about pooped my pants when I saw that team come out of the tunnel."??? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. Ever.

How about "We knew they were a good team, but we really thought we could play with them." The choices aren't limited to pooping your pants and having a superior team.

While I agree with you that our guys should use his words as motivation, I don't agree with pretty much the rest of your take on it, and here's why:

What do we expect FAU players to say? "Man, we were scared as hell to go in there to their stadium. I about pooped my pants when I saw that team come out of the tunnel."??? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. Ever.

I think the whole point of this topic of these comments are that if they happen before the game, oh boy, look at this. But it's after the game that was never close. So it's comical. No i dont expect him to say they were scare. I simply expect him to say nothing at all and move along. Opening his mouth is the mistake in this situation. You got your ass whipped son. Just move along.

Great write up Knapp. I would love to see us play really well for 4 quarters again, and win by 35+. I think we can.

For some reason I can't explain, I can also envision a 37-21 victory. Maybe because it's 11AM game, or because we played really well last week and might come out a little flat. But I'm leaning heavily towards a big win.

I cannot remember what year it was but it was under Fry when Iowa lost at Lincoln and the guys on the bus where celebrating not being blown out by the Huskers and Fry told them next person to celebrate would walk home.

Those days are gone.

Well until we least win a few titles. (meaning anything conf national anything...)

Great write up Knapp. I would love to see us play really well for 4 quarters again, and win by 35+. I think we can.

For some reason I can't explain, I can also envision a 37-21 victory. Maybe because it's 11AM game, or because we played really well last week and might come out a little flat. But I'm leaning heavily towards a big win.

excuses for not kicking the sh#t out of a patsy are now unacceptable........we are either damn good or we are not...period.

• Fire 2

Well, the FAU players can think whatever they want. And it's easy to say that you WOULD have beaten a team, but those comments ring hollow when you were dominated in about every way possible on a football field. Alabama will roll them again this weekend.

And if we're saying which teams would win, then IMO NDSU would beat FAU. I'll wait until after this weekend to predict McNeese St would beat FAU.

As far as teams fearing NU, who cares? If we're beating them by 40+ points, then I could care less about their attitude.

• Fire 1

excuses for not kicking the sh#t out of a patsy are now unacceptable........we are either damn good or we are not...period.

Consistently darn good.

You have to think that way, or you are already beat. It isn't that Nebraska isn't striking fear into opponents. Do you think Smith honestly believes they are going to beat Nebraska? No, but you must have that mentality. What is he going to say in interview? "Yeah, we didn't have a shot, they are more athletic, and we will never win. Boo hoo."

This post X1000... I recall similar news articles from the early and mid 90's from players on other teams who were very confident that they could have should have beaten Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I think people get a little nostalgic about the 90s and what teams used to think about us. A family friend played for K-State 95-98. His first game at Memorial he said the Tunnel Walk had him more fired up than anything. He was always looking forward to proving how good he and his team was over, in his mind, an overrated Nebraska team. To this day I have never heard him even hint that he was scared or that there was a difference in talent between the teams.

To put it in perspective, a coworker of mine is an LSU fan and worked in Lincoln several years back. He visited a doctor that was a player on the championship teams in the 70s. That doctor told him in all of his games LSU hit the hardest he ever felt.

Its called being polite. You give a compliment to someone or their team in a setting that it will never go public and no one can ever prove it either way. Both sides walk away thinking they met a great person and think kindly of each other's teams.

• Fire 1