***Official McNeese Game State Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I'm really kinda concerned that AA doesn't have more yards? The offensive line isn't helping him out at all unfortunately..............The defense has settled down it seems, but I don't much care for the lack of speed coming from the LB area. That lack of lateral speed is going to come back to really bite us in the rear.

I don't think people are overreacting in this thread. We're seeing throws that will be interceptions against Michigan State. Tommy has way more time in the pocket now than he will have against B1G teams, and yet he's still making those throws. Our linemen aren't getting any push. We're playing down to our opponent. It's the same old stuff that we've seen the past 3+ years that has always led to the same type of season. Maybe this year it won't end up that way and they'll improve but I think we've been hoping for that for a long time and it hasn't happened yet.

I'll add--or flat out state--that it's one game. We can play like dog sh#t all day and so long as we win, we have time to improve before the meat of our schedule arrives. There's still a lot of football left to play. We have the talent to turn this game around in a hurry.

So, I was not impressed with 0 turnovers last week.. but i was hopeful. Today is showing Tommy has not progressed as much as we hoped in the bad throws department.

How is our OL not dominating their DL? How is our DL not dominating their OL? I know we don't have Gregory this week, but he's not the lynchpin in our run defense anyway.

That 4th-and-1 option call? Dafuq Beck? 6 passes in a row? Dafuq Beck?

Good things? No penalties so far! Westerkamp is the man, abdullah is still amazing when his OL gives him a chance. And I AM very impressed with Tommy's running ability, and if he gets in sync on those deep balls that's gonna be dangerous.

wiscy is struggling. that's pretty crazy. i still think we should be able to run through the B1G, notwithstanding msu.

And even then we always seem to do well against Sparty.

we do, but i think they have turned a corner that we are still approaching.

Won't know if we got there until maybe Miami or until we travel to East Lansing.

That's what sucks about playing easy non-con: you can't do much to prove you're good, but you can do a lot to make you look bad.

I don't think people are overreacting in this thread. We're seeing throws that will be interceptions against Michigan State. Tommy has way more time in the pocket now than he will have against B1G teams, and yet he's still making those throws. Our linemen aren't getting any push. We're playing down to our opponent. It's the same old stuff that we've seen the past 3+ years that has always led to the same type of season. Maybe this year it won't end up that way and they'll improve but I think we've been hoping for that for a long time and it hasn't happened yet.

I'll add--or flat out state--that it's one game. We can play like dog sh#t all day and so long as we win, we have time to improve before the meat of our schedule arrives. There's still a lot of football left to play. We have the talent to turn this game around in a hurry.

I agree, but still, we have more to go on than a couple games. We have several seasons worth of feeling hopeful/okay with our record after 4 games. I want more than 9 wins.