***Official McNeese Game State Discussion Thread***

Mavric

So they finally figured out that holding doesn't come with loss of down, eh? ;)

I think I'm not a big fan of running on 1st & 20. 2nd & 20 is bad, yeah, but 2nd & 15 isn't much better. Running on 1st down in that situation is playing it safe and probably taking field position for the entire drive (which is what we ended up doing on 3rd & 14 -- a safe play with an outside chance at converting.)

So they finally figured out that holding doesn't come with loss of down, eh? ;)

I think I'm not a big fan of running on 1st & 20. 2nd & 20 is bad, yeah, but 2nd & 15 isn't much better. Running on 1st down in that situation is playing it safe and probably taking field position for the entire drive.

shhhhhhhhhh, Beck is outsmarting them...

Yup, the overreaction is in full force.

You're probably right. FCS McNeese State Cowboys are handling the Nebraska Cornhuskers so far. Nothing to see here- keep moving along. I'm just glad it's such a nice day and that we we have a chance to watch the game on TV. Remember when this would've been PPV only because of it being such an inferior opponent. Ah the good ole days but I digress.. Obviously nothing to be concerned about simply because our OC doesn't feel we can push around McNeese. Bring on MSU and Wiscy.

The longer we keep McNeese State in this game the close we get to this potentially becoming an Appalachian State vs. Michigan scenario. It's gut check time for Nebraska.

The same lack of killer attitude in another thread. NU needs some pipe hitters out there to take charge of this game. The whole "Hell in a Helmet" is laughable right now.