***Official McNeese Game State Discussion Thread***

Mavric

And instead of using his head and inserting a FB and actually lining up TE's where they are supposed to, instead of in the slot, on a run play would make a difference....

Beck moronic ass was lining up 3 Wideouts and continuing to run the ball, thats just stupid...

I mean, maybe... but did you not see Abdullah getting stuffed at or behind the line repeatedly through the game? I'm sure Beck would have loved to just lean on Abdullah, but when the line is letting guys blow past them every single time, it is kinda hard to do that.

I'm not defending Beck here, don't get me wrong. He called a terrible terrible game, and we've seen it way too many times. But I don't see any evidence that handing off to Abdullah more would have helped anything with the way our O-Line was playing.. they apparently cannot handle speed at all.

My biggest problem today is what the f*ck happened at halftime? We came out and went 3-and-out 3 straight times, got basically gifted a field goal (drive started in MCNST territory), then went 3-and-out 3 more times, then got bailed out in a huge way by abullah on what looked like was going to be another 3-and-out.

I fault Beck more than I fault Papuchis, but neither one of them had the resume to justify being coordinators at NU, and they sure as sh#t haven't proven themselves since they've been here.. this goes double for Tim Beck. If this is how he re-invents himself, it should be pretty damn clear he doesn't know what he's doing.

I don't really want to compare Bo to Callahan but I'm going to anyway: Callahan largely doomed himself by hiring buddies and refusing to replace guys who obviously weren't cutting it (Cosgrove). Beck is turning into Bo's Cosgrove in a hurry.

you can run the ball if you have more than 5 guys blocking...

If we could sustain drives in the second half you think the D plays as tired as they did?

seeing how our defense allowed a pretty easy td on their first drive, i think we had reason to be concerned about our defensive play.
You will defend TA until the end of the world, but will complain about the defense? They gave up a TD in the first drive on a short field because the sputtering offense and then nothing until the O started going 3 and out and even then it wasn't until the 4th quarter.

TA was our problem this game. Not the D. Not the line. Not the WRs. Not the coaches. Tommy needs to learn how to make complete passes or we are done.

Beck really should self-scout a little more.

His love of the deep ball and failure to believe in a zone read vs an over-matched opponent on 3rd and 2 is embarrassing

imho, our lack of utilization of AA on short swing passes (or anything in space) has been apparent for 3 long years.

Consistently puzzling...........??

Not when you realize the common denominator is Beck.

If we could sustain drives in the second half you think the D plays as tired as they did?

seeing how our defense allowed a pretty easy td on their first drive, i think we had reason to be concerned about our defensive play.
You will defend TA until the end of the world, but will complain about the defense? They gave up a TD in the first drive on a short field because the sputtering offense and then nothing until the O started going 3 and out and even then it wasn't until the 4th quarter.

TA was our problem this game. Not the D. Not the line. Not the WRs. Not the coaches. Tommy needs to learn how to make complete passes or we are done.

holy sh#t. ta was not great, i will agree with that. but to say he was the reason that game was so bad is...

i don't even know. that was a complete team effort in being terrible.

and keep blaming ta for, literally, every problem. because coaches aren't responsible for their personnel or how they perform.

• Fire 1

holy sh#t. ta was not great, i will agree with that. but to say he was the reason that game was so bad is...

i don't even know. that was a complete team effort in being terrible.

and keep blaming ta for, literally, every problem. because coaches aren't responsible for their personnel or how they perform.

Keep making excuses and I'll keep assigning blame. This is the TA I saw all last year and was derided for in the offseason.

I want him to succeed but he needs to clean up his game. TA almost cost us this game. If you can't see that, you need some glasses.

• Fire 1

Keep making excuses and I'll keep assigning blame. This is the TA I saw all last year and was derided for in the offseason.

I want him to succeed but he needs to clean up his game. TA almost cost us this game. If you can't see that, you need some glasses.

uhhh... i just got lasik, so my vision's fine.

call blame or excuses or whatever, these are the same problems that existed long before ta was even on the team.

we will just have to agree to disagree.

• Fire 1

Well, a win is a win!

Move onto next week fellas!

Uhhh.........that isn't what I would call a win but to each his own. Felt a lot like being prison raped by a guy half your size. Not that I actually know what that's like but just sayin.
Ask any other FBS team that has lost to an FCS if they would take that finish over the actual result of their game

He needs to clean up his game, for sure, but I don't see how we win this one without him. This guy is more than a game manager, he's integral to our offense and made big plays today.

• Fire 1

He needs to clean up his game, for sure, but I don't see how we win this one without him. This guy is more than a game manager, he's integral to our offense and made big plays today.

that is all i am saying. he made mistakes, but the reason this game was not great was because the whole team played down and uninspired.

• Fire 1

Beck really should self-scout a little more.

His love of the deep ball and failure to believe in a zone read vs an over-matched opponent on 3rd and 2 is embarrassing

imho, our lack of utilization of AA on short swing passes (or anything in space) has been apparent for 3 long years.

Consistently puzzling...........??

Agreed. Not sure if it was play calling or the QB making bad reads, but all of those long passes damn near killed us. Why continue to do that with a quarterback that can't throw? Doesn't make sense.