Stop the nonsense. You're hurting recruiting.

If we have a Callahan-like collapse in mid-season, then I'd be happy to see Pelini go. However, we shouldn't threaten to fire the guy the second we have a close game. Why is that so unrealistic? Let the season play itself out. If he sucks, he's gone. If we support him and he does well, let's keep him.

jesus h. f'ing christ. this is year 7 people. we have seen this picture before. the sequels ain't that great.

• Fire 1

Totally agree with the original poster. It's pretty pathetic that people were ready to annoint Pelini king last week, and now want his head on a platter. If we don't switch the attitudes, NU will lose Pelini (who we actually need) and grab the next flavor of the month, and slip further. It's really sad to see people turn on this staff so quickly. Sad to say, but our fan base is no longer any different from any other fan base.

the way i would like to respond to this would get me banned from the board. but you are right, let us stick with the flavor of the near-decade.

I know how you feel, but recruits aren't looking on this board when making their decision. You're giving yourself too much credit.

You're kidding right? Recruits and players read this board all the time. If a recruit see that "all" the fans want a coach fired, they are likely to second guess committing to that coach if they think he will get fired.

By this logic we should hire Bo to a lifetime contract because we don't want to lose a recruit. I mean seriously? There's football talent everywhere. Ameer is from bama right? How come he's not playing for Saban? He was only a 3 star recruit right? There will always be kids ready to play for Nebraska. We lack a coaching staff that can make them into champions. Bill Snyder does this on a consistent basis at a school that almost ended up in the Moutain West conference...

How about we wait until the season is over before we judge our team. We won today. We are 2-0 and can still accomplish all of our goals. These type of games happen every year with every team. We play a team that is perceived to be bad and we overlook them. We had nothing to gain today and walked in thinking we were gonna show up and get a win. Last week we blasted FAU, and the players thought it would happen again today.

Stop calling for the firing of coaches. It only hurts perception and recruiting. It accomplishes nothing and leaves Nebraska's image in jeopardy. Let the season play out before you start making rash judgements. Last seasons uproar hurt our recruiting class significantly. After we won the bowl game everyone was back on board. Let your emotions cool before coming to such definite conclusions.

In other words, don't criticize this woman's dancing. If you do no one will want to dance with her. lulz

Egke3RX.gif

If we have a Callahan-like collapse in mid-season, then I'd be happy to see Pelini go. However, we shouldn't threaten to fire the guy the second we have a close game. Why is that so unrealistic? Let the season play itself out. If he sucks, he's gone. If we support him and he does well, let's keep him.

Maybe because this isn't the second we have a close game. It's year 7 of the same Damn crappy product on the field. This isn't year one.

How about we wait until the season is over before we judge our team. We won today. We are 2-0 and can still accomplish all of our goals. These type of games happen every year with every team. We play a team that is perceived to be bad and we overlook them. We had nothing to gain today and walked in thinking we were gonna show up and get a win. Last week we blasted FAU, and the players thought it would happen again today.

Stop calling for the firing of coaches. It only hurts perception and recruiting. It accomplishes nothing and leaves Nebraska's image in jeopardy. Let the season play out before you start making rash judgements. Last seasons uproar hurt our recruiting class significantly. After we won the bowl game everyone was back on board. Let your emotions cool before coming to such definite conclusions.

You seem to believe you are far more important than you are in the success of Nebraska football. I believe nearly going down to FCS foes and our conference-mates sucking the hind teet they way they have is much more detrimental to our recruiting than us saying our OC is not doing a good job on a random internet message board.

You seem to believe you are far more important than you are in the success of Nebraska football. I believe nearly going down to FCS foes and our conference-mates sucking the hind teet they way they have is much more detrimental to our recruiting than us saying our OC is not doing a good job on a random internet message board.

I agree 100% about Beck being the problem yesterday (and ALOT, it seems).

I too subscribe to the belief we shouldn't get too caught up in week to week crap and freaking out after games like yesterday. But I do so simply because life is a lot less stressful and more enjoyable during the season for me that way. I recommend it, but won't force it down your throat.

However, the fact remains that Beck called a piss-poor game yesterday and the flak he's catching for it is totally warranted.

Look, I agree that it's dumb to insult players, but there shouldn't be some prohibition on legitimate criticism of the team's performance. They make be college guys, yes, but they aren't children.

It's one thing to say how so-and-so is a loser and can't play for crap. That's unacceptable. It's another to say he's struggling with his assignments.