*** 2017 Recruiting ***

So if Blades is N like we think he is, this is a successful class right? We kept Guy, got Daniels, and all of the others we thought we would. Anything else would be an added bonus IMO

Finishing 20-30 seems pretty much like the same song, different verse to me.

I wish we would have filled up to the 25 (I think) that we could have gone to.

Yeah, I think Riley was dead set on the low 20's though. I think that is the reasonable conclusion someone can come to when wondering why we didn't get any commitments for 5 months.... or whatever it was.

So if Blades is N like we think he is, this is a successful class right? We kept Guy, got Daniels, and all of the others we thought we would. Anything else would be an added bonus IMO

I think you have to look at the pieces as opposed to just the ratings. I can see where it'd be frustrating from that standpoint though.

The pieces though are exactly what we needed.

• Fire 1

I think you have to look at the pieces as opposed to just the ratings. I can see where it'd be frustrating from that standpoint though.

Pretty much this. Even if you want to look at ratings we have some guys that are really underrated.

You can't finish seasons like :bigredn: and expect recruiting momentum. I'll cite USC and LSU as examples of finishing strong and/or smart hires.

I'm pleased. We held onto Guy and got Daniels.

We will have to improve on the recruiting trail but you can't sell the direction of the program based off the way we end these seasons.

Pretty much this. Even if you want to look at ratings we have some guys that are really underrated.

I think you have to look at the rankings a little harder. Tennessee is at 16th, but they have 28 commits. On average, we have better players than they do. Just a smaller class. If we were sitting at 16th would people be upset?

Clemson is sitting at 15th because they only have 14 commits, but when you look at their class it's pretty great imo. Two 5 stars and nine four stars. Same with Stanford, I think their class is much better than where 24/7 currently has them ranked.

Not saying this class is great, but I think it's good. Just fairly small (so far at least). I think it's much more telling to look at the average rating, as opposed to overall.

I don't want to be labeled a Debbie Downer (looking at you, Matty), but here are our recruiting rankings the last 10 years (247C): 20, 25, 42, 27, 16, 31, 22, 36, 31, 24. Unless we pull something out of our hat at the end, we will be smack dab in the middle of that.

And every year we hear the same things to explain our 20+ ranked class: look at the average player rankings, look at the individual pieces, we have some guys who are very underrated.

I guess I was just expecting more from this class since I have heard a lot of "wait until the 2017 class" from many people since Riley was hired. I do think that we reeled in a lot of good talent on paper. Hopefully there is a true difference maker or 2 (or 3 or 4 or...) in this class like a Suh, David, or Abdullah.

OK, rant over. Flame away at me

• Fire 3

I don't want to be labeled a Debbie Downer (looking at you, Matty), but here are our recruiting rankings the last 10 years (247C): 20, 25, 42, 27, 16, 31, 22, 36, 31, 24. Unless we pull something out of our hat at the end, we will be smack dab in the middle of that.

And every year we hear the same things to explain our 20+ ranked class: look at the average player rankings, look at the individual pieces, we have some guys who are very underrated.

I guess I was just expecting more from this class since I have heard a lot of "wait until the 2017 class" from many people since Riley was hired. I do think that we reeled in a lot of good talent on paper. Hopefully there is a true difference maker or 2 (or 3 or 4 or...) in this class like a Suh, David, or Abdullah.

OK, rant over. Flame away at me

Rankings aren't even official yet, lol.

I'm more worried about production anyway, but yes a shiny top 15 would look nice.

We are going to lose out on a majority of the big targets until the on field results say "Come to Nebraska". The culture is changing though, and we are competing with the big boys again, albeit smaller scale so far. Give the current staff a full year to recruit and it will look even better, thic class looks like it has at least a handful of ame changers potentially.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***