*** 2017 Recruiting ***

With the apparent defection of Leitao this class is officially falling apart. Not only are we losing recruits but it appears we are losing momentum with any and all big name recruits. We may look back at this class as a turning point for this staff, in a bad way

With the apparent addition of the yearly "I'm-deciding-to-start-following(cough bitching about cough)-recruiting-in-December" crowd, the sky has begun to fall. Glad to have you, buddy.

With the apparent defection of Leitao this class is officially falling apart. Not only are we losing recruits but it appears we are losing momentum with any and all big name recruits. We may look back at this class as a turning point for this staff, in a bad way

With the apparent addition of the yearly "I'm-deciding-to-start-following(cough bitching about cough)-recruiting-in-December" crowd, the sky has begun to fall. Glad to have you, buddy.

So you know how long I've been following recruiting? Interesting. It was merely a comment on this years class and the affect it may have in the future. No need to be some high and mighty big shot internet tough guy. You're allowed to be disappointed in sub par recruiting too, don't need to hide your feelings

So you know how long I've been following recruiting? Interesting. It was merely a comment on this years class and the affect it may have in the future. No need to be some high and mighty big shot internet tough guy. You're allowed to be disappointed in sub par recruiting too, don't need to hide your feelings

I was posting regarding your participation on the Recruiting section here on Huskerboard, because that's where this happens to be, but hey...

Not high and mighty by any means. I'm still excited - we are far from calling this sub-par recruiting yet. Nebraska hasn't signed a five star in years and there's a decent probability we land 2+. Ride the waves man.

I was posting regarding your participation on the Recruiting section here on Huskerboard, because that's where this happens to be, but hey...

Not high and mighty by any means. I'm still excited - we are far from calling this sub-par recruiting yet. Nebraska hasn't signed a five star in years and there's a decent probability we land 2+. Ride the waves man.

Fair, I like some of the pieces as well. Gebbia and Roberts will be studs IMHO. But I expect our program to compete with Michigan and Ohio State, let alone beat the teams in our division. In order for that to happen we have to upgrade the talent and that starts with recruiting. HCMR and company are trying to upgrade talent, but trying will only get you so far and just a couple recruits each year won't get the job done. tOSU class has more than just a couple elite players, it's filled with them. We need to close the talent gap to compete with them, and the class as it stands (and where it appears to be heading) won't accomplish that.

You're fair to hold out hope that guys like Lewis and Sarell will ultimately choose NU, but the trends are not telling us they will. I'll watch and follow closely until signing day, but I'll be realistic in what those in the know are telling us.

Fair, I like some of the pieces as well. Gebbia and Roberts will be studs IMHO. But I expect our program to compete with Michigan and Ohio State, let alone beat the teams in our division. In order for that to happen we have to upgrade the talent and that starts with recruiting. HCMR and company are trying to upgrade talent, but trying will only get you so far and just a couple recruits each year won't get the job done. tOSU class has more than just a couple elite players, it's filled with them. We need to close the talent gap to compete with them, and the class as it stands (and where it appears to be heading) won't accomplish that.

You're fair to hold out hope that guys like Lewis and Sarell will ultimately choose NU, but the trends are not telling us they will. I'll watch and follow closely until signing day, but I'll be realistic in what those in the know are telling us.

We are competing with Ohio State and Michigan. Note: winning does not equal competing.

We are ranked in the top in our division, and will be come signing day.

Not sure what you're salty about if those are your standards. But are judging on competing (trying?) or winning?

Not sure 62-3 is the definition of competing but I guess that would just be my opinion on the meaning of the word. This is the last I'll say on the subject, you just seem interested in smart ass posts. We need better players, lots of them. That's not happening.

So are we talking winning on the field or winning in recruiting?

Shameless re-post so I don't have to look back pages to find it. And to remove Leitao. :(

13 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). I think we're looking for 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 OT, 1 DT, 2 DE, 1 LB, 2 CB and 1 S. We're within one commit of full at each spot except WR and CB. But that's too many guys so some position is going to get shorted.

Priority:
DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet.
DE - Weren't too bad before. Now.....
RB - Roster in good shape but I'm not sure where we are on these recruits. Speculation we may not take one.
WR - Good with the two we have but we're after four and seem to be slipping with our top targets.
OT - Obviously need some talented depth here. Need one more but our options are dwindling.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 0-1 - Alaric Williams, CJ Verdell
FB - 1 - BEN MILES
WR - 4-5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Joseph Lewis, Gavin Holmes, Lynn Bowden
TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN
OT - 2-3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Foster Sarell, Chuck Filiaga
OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels
DE - 2-3 - GUY THOMAS
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Andrew Ward, Isaac Slade-Matautia
CB - 2 - TraJon Cotton, Chevin Calloway, Quran Hafiz, Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson
S - 1 - Kamren Curl

Pelini-like class brewing.

Kind of been trending that way for awhile.

I really think (hope?) we'll get one or two big time guys the first week of January. But at this point, trying to fill in the other holes in the class will kind of only make that a wash.

We'll have to really score well with the remaining guys to see a noticeable improvement.

And if we happen to strike out on most of those guys.........

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***