*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Pelini-like class brewing.

Kind of been trending that way for awhile.

I really think (hope?) we'll get one or two big time guys the first week of January. But at this point, trying to fill in the other holes in the class will kind of only make that a wash.

We'll have to really score well with the remaining guys to see a noticeable improvement.

And if we happen to strike out on most of those guys.........

I guess I would rather strike out on these top guys knowing we at least went to the plate. I remember looking at some guys offer sheets when Bo was here and would wonder why Nebraksa wasn't even on it. I don't care if you think you have a snowball's chance in hell you offer top talent

I really think (hope?) we'll get one or two big time guys the first week of January. But at this point, trying to fill in the other holes in the class will kind of only make that a wash.

We'll have to really score well with the remaining guys to see a noticeable improvement.

I guess I would rather strike out on these top guys knowing we at least went to the plate. I remember looking at some guys offer sheets when Bo was here and would wonder why Nebraksa wasn't even on it. I don't care if you think you have a snowball's chance in hell you offer top talent

Which they did. Now did they not try hard enough or figured they were out of it more quickly? Who knows.

Yes, I'm all for pressing for the best guys. But it's a fine line when you're at Nebraska, especially coming off a 6-7 season. A lot of those guys don't decide until late. And for as much as you can try to have backup plans, they're just going to be lower-rated guys.

So you have to decide where to best press the issue. If you end up with a couple high-four or even five-star guys but then have to grab five middle-three-stars to make up for the guys you missed does that leave you in a better situation that a couple low-four-star guys to go with a few high-three stars?

I don't know. Depends on the situation and the position. I'd love to grab a couple elite WRs and CBs. But our OL nothing particularly outstanding at the moment and our DL is not a lot above average and might get worse. And those are our biggest positions of need. So that doesn't seem like a great formula at the moment.

Which they did. Now did they not try hard enough or figured they were out of it more quickly? Who knows.

Yes, I'm all for pressing for the best guys. But it's a fine line when you're at Nebraska, especially coming off a 6-7 season. A lot of those guys don't decide until late. And for as much as you can try to have backup plans, they're just going to be lower-rated guys.

So you have to decide where to best press the issue. If you end up with a couple high-four or even five-star guys but then have to grab five middle-three-stars to make up for the guys you missed does that leave you in a better situation that a couple low-four-star guys to go with a few high-three stars?

I don't know. Depends on the situation and the position. I'd love to grab a couple elite WRs and CBs. But our OL nothing particularly outstanding at the moment and our DL is not a lot above average and might get worse. And those are our biggest positions of need. So that doesn't seem like a great formula at the moment.

3* and 4* backup plans are still better than scrambling and filling your class with a bunch of 2*. Seems that happend the last few years under Bo but I didn't research so I could be making that up

3* and 4* backup plans are still better than scrambling and filling your class with a bunch of 2*. Seems that happend the last few years under Bo but I didn't research so I could be making that up

We haven't signed multiple 2* players for many years. Most of what we have are special teams players.

• Fire 1

Likely finish with g holmes, Calvin, Daniel's,

Fill in a couple spots with under radar TE, DE,DB, and ATH like Lynn bowden

Slight chance we land lewis.

Will probably finish in top 25 to 20 range with big missed at DE and TE. Swung for fences at OT, DB, and RB. We will need to hit big on those positions next year.

Realistic expectations for the finish of this class. Would love to hit a couple big fish but it doesn't seem to be trending that way.

Will probably finish in top 25 to 20 range with big missed at DE and TE. Swung for fences at OT, DB, and RB. We will need to hit big on those positions next year.

Realistic expectations for the finish of this class. Would love to hit a couple big fish but it doesn't seem to be trending that way.

Honestly, as it stands now, we have a very good chance of landing Lewis. Not a slight chance as of today. We also have a moderate chance of landing his teammate Greg Johnson. Obviously it can change, but don't sugarcoat it just because we haven't had much luck lately. We are arguably considered the favorite for both right now.

If you want to talk about slight chances, we have a slight chance of landing Sarell.

• Fire 2

Honestly, as it stands now, we have a very good chance of landing Lewis. Not a slight chance as of today. We also have a moderate chance of landing his teammate Greg Johnson. Obviously it can change, but don't sugarcoat it just because we haven't had much luck lately. We are arguably considered the favorite for both right now.

If you want to talk about slight chances, we have a slight chance of landing Sarell.

You are probably right on Lewis for right now, but with us limping into a bowl game and usc playing a beatable psu in the rose bowl, I see us losing some momentum. I don't see us as a favorite for Johnson right now. We are in his top group just like we are with foster and Chuck. Hope the D will hire can sway him. We probably have as good a chance to land E. Blades as Johnson right now.

If we don't feel good about Isaac slade at LB I wonder if we offer Joshua Brown from Zona. I think he was a Williams recruit and his recruitment is picking up. Have heard we have been showing interest

Thinking Andrew Ward is still a possibility and would be our next choice.

Sounds like we will take Ward if he wants N and make room then if Slade does.
  • Fire 1

If we don't feel good about Isaac slade at LB I wonder if we offer Joshua Brown from Zona. I think he was a Williams recruit and his recruitment is picking up. Have heard we have been showing interest

Thinking Andrew Ward is still a possibility and would be our next choice.

You are probably right. Looks like we are looking for a more athletic LB to finish the class and brown fits more of an inside guy

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***