*** 2017 Recruiting ***

14 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). I think we're looking for 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 OT, 1 DT, 2 DE, 1 LB, 2 CB and 1 S. We're within one commit of full at each spot except WR and CB. But that's too many guys so some position is going to get shorted.

Priority:

DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet.

DE - Weren't too bad before. Now.....

RB - Roster in good shape but I'm not sure where we are on these recruits. Speculation we may not take one.

WR - Good with the two we have but we're after four and seem to be slipping with our top targets.

OT - Obviously need some talented depth here. Need one more but our options are dwindling.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

RB - 0-1 - Alaric Williams, CJ Verdell

FB - 1 - BEN MILES

WR - 4-5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Joseph Lewis, Gavin Holmes, Lynn Bowden

TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, REESE LEITAO

OT - 2-3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Foster Sarell, Chuck Filiaga

OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels

DE - 2-3 - GUY THOMAS

LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Andrew Ward, Isaac Slade-Matautia

CB - 2 - TraJon Cotton, Chevin Calloway, Quran Hafiz, Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson

S - 1 - Kamren Curl

I think we look best in the WR position for this class. I have high hopes we get Lewis and Calvin.

QB- I would love another, but doubt that happens.

RB - seems like a mystery. Will we take one?

FB- good to go.

TE- Hoping Leitao remains solid.

OT- Those are quality guys. Seem like dark horses.... I'd be very happy with Filago. The other seems like a real long shot.

OG/C- Do we take another if remaining OT picks don't come to realization?

DT- Hoping we hang on to these two.

DE- Very concerned like most on this forum.

LB- Hoping for Isaac.

CB- Hoping for Johnson and at least another.

S- If Curl goes another route, then do we have an option B?

These numbers are hard to get to 22 or 23 even if most of the guys Mavric lists commit. Does the staff know something we don't? I hope so.

Why do you want a second qb????

We have a senior, junior, red shirt freshmen, and true freshmen.... why do you want another?

Because we have been thin on good second and third options the last several years..... What I mean is that we typically have a decent first string QB, but after that it drops off considerably. QB is arguably the most important position on the team. This year is a good example in terms of injuries and lack of depth.

Please, someone talk me off the ledge on the DE front. This is a serious blow and it's not going to allow Nebraska to take the steps ahead that we want them to take. DE recruiting has held us back for a while and it has needed to get fixed for several cycles.

Unless JP pulls a rabbit out of a hat, this is going to be felt for a long time. And we can ill afford it.

Please, someone talk me off the ledge on the DE front. This is a serious blow and it's not going to allow Nebraska to take the steps ahead that we want them to take. DE recruiting has held us back for a while and it has needed to get fixed for several cycles.

Unless JP pulls a rabbit out of a hat, this is going to be felt for a long time. And we can ill afford it.

...... Yeah, we're kinda screwed on D-ends. Best bet is to find super athletic LB's who can rush.

14 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). I think we're looking for 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 OT, 1 DT, 2 DE, 1 LB, 2 CB and 1 S. We're within one commit of full at each spot except WR and CB. But that's too many guys so some position is going to get shorted.

Priority:

RB - Roster in good shape but I'm not sure where we are on these recruits. Speculation we may not take one.

WR - Good with the two we have but we're after four and seem to be slipping with our top targets.

OT - Obviously need some talented depth here. Need one more but our options are dwindling.

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

FB - 1 - BEN MILES

WR - 4-5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Joseph Lewis, Gavin Holmes, Lynn Bowden

OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DE - 2-3 - GUY THOMAS

CB - 2 - TraJon Cotton, Chevin Calloway, Quran Hafiz, Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson

S - 1 - Kamren Curl

I think we look best in the WR position for this class. I have high hopes we get Lewis and Calvin.

FB- good to go.

OT- Those are quality guys. Seem like dark horses.... I'd be very happy with Filago. The other seems like a real long shot.

LB- Hoping for Isaac.

These numbers are hard to get to 22 or 23 even if most of the guys Mavric lists commit. Does the staff know something we don't? I hope so.

We have a senior, junior, red shirt freshmen, and true freshmen.... why do you want another?

Because we have been thin on good second and third options the last several years..... What I mean is that we typically have a decent first string QB, but after that it drops off considerably. QB is arguably the most important position on the team. This year is a good example in terms of injuries and lack of depth.

Next years depth chart has only 3 scholarship QBs Lee, POB and Gebbia

Priority:

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

FB - 1 - BEN MILES

OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DE - 2-3 - GUY THOMAS

S - 1 - Kamren Curl

FB- good to go.

LB- Hoping for Isaac.

Darlington.....

If we take another qb, it'll be the same as in years past where we lose one as a transfer as a sophomore. It's happened atleast 3 times now (green, Stanton, beck). We are incredibly young and promising a qb. Taking a walk on is the best bet there. Save scholy for a needed position like de

Priority:

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

FB - 1 - BEN MILES

OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DE - 2-3 - GUY THOMAS

S - 1 - Kamren Curl

FB- good to go.

LB- Hoping for Isaac.

Darlington.....

If we take another qb, it'll be the same as in years past where we lose one as a transfer as a sophomore. It's happened atleast 3 times now (green, Stanton, beck). We are incredibly young and promising a qb. Taking a walk on is the best bet there. Save scholy for a needed position like de

Darlington is a WR. And yes, they are taking a walk-on for the fourth spot.

Please, someone talk me off the ledge on the DE front. This is a serious blow and it's not going to allow Nebraska to take the steps ahead that we want them to take. DE recruiting has held us back for a while and it has needed to get fixed for several cycles.Unless JP pulls a rabbit out of a hat, this is going to be felt for a long time. And we can ill afford it.

Ya, I was fairly amused to hear folks questioning my maturity as a man over Porcher's decommit ... that I need to grow up. Perhaps ... still doesn't change our predicament.

Please, someone talk me off the ledge on the DE front. This is a serious blow and it's not going to allow Nebraska to take the steps ahead that we want them to take. DE recruiting has held us back for a while and it has needed to get fixed for several cycles.Unless JP pulls a rabbit out of a hat, this is going to be felt for a long time. And we can ill afford it.

Ya, I was fairly amused to hear folks questioning my maturity as a man over Porcher's decommit ... that I need to grow up. Perhaps ... still doesn't change our predicament.

Those are the same guys that will bitch and moan on an internet message board when we have no depth at DE the next couple years and are losing a bunch of football games. Don't take it personally. Its okay to be upset when we lose a good prospect.

agree. we are nowhere where we need to be defensively talent level to compete.

...... Yeah, we're kinda screwed on D-ends. Best bet is to find super athletic LB's who can rush.

I think we are entering late JUCO offers or hope to secure a graduate transfer in the spring.

There's a difference between upset and immaturely upset.

Was HeyBakerMark immaturely upset? If so, I didn't see it

Hey, I feel a lot of things the other board members do. I try to post when I feel I can add to the discussion. I personally was surprised to see folks basically mocking folks being upset about the Porcher decommit. The timing was just perfect. We're the Russians behind this also. :-) In any event, it's tough to get this DE/DL issue going the right direction when you can't secure the talent and you get shafted at the last moment.

The more we move to "Plan C" the more years we spend in irrelevancy.

This sucks. :-(

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***