*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Most every recruiting class everywhere undergoes changes through the years. It seemed like so often in the previous 7 years our recruits would either quit, flunk out, get in trouble with the law or break team policy so often they were asked to leave. Add to that kids who didn't pan out, were injured or transferred to play elsewhere and of the 22-25 recruits each year maybe 12 saw significant playing time. Thankfully walkons would fill the gaps but we still had holes at some position groups. Obviously MR has to do a better job of recruiting, a better job of developing and a better job of keeping kids in the fold. Achieving success in the BIG 10 is hard. Getting to the top over the Big Two will be harder. I hope players, coaches and the fanbase are up to it.

It's been no secret we want Calvin (speedster), Lewis (uber talent), and a big bodied receiver. That's been the plan for a while.

It just seemed like there was an awful lot of new WRs being offered. Thought maybe we were missing on Lewis and Calvin. A little more at ease now.
All 6'3 or larger. We want a big bodied WR

Sounds like as of right now at DE we plan to keep kicking the tires on Beal and Paulino-Bell and not "reach" just to get a guy. This plan would put an extreme emphasis on needing to keep Thomas and landing multiple stud 2018 guys but I actually prefer it. Reaching on late DE's is what got us in this mess (King, Shuttles, Mixon, another 2 star guy that never even came to campus).

You got quantity on the roster, quality is the question. And reaching late doesn't help.

Sounds like as of right now at DE we plan to keep kicking the tires on Beal and Paulino-Bell and not "reach" just to get a guy. This plan would put an extreme emphasis on needing to keep Thomas and landing multiple stud 2018 guys but I actually prefer it. Reaching on late DE's is what got us in this mess (King, Shuttles, Mixon, another 2 star guy that never even came to campus).

You got quantity on the roster, quality is the question. And reaching late doesn't help.

Saw on 247 Chester Graves has no offer and I am thinking why not? 500 mile radius kid who is three hours away in a big city and he has talent. He is rated highly by the services and it would not be reaching as it doesn't seem he has a clear leader. With the need for immediate playing time, this kid could fit the bill and give us depth at this position.

Do we feel he won't fit our defense or do we have other reasons as to why we aren't going after him hard.

Rivals says he has an offer, so if he does, the question is why have we not pushed an ov or uv for January?

Saw on 247 Chester Graves has no offer and I am thinking why not? 500 mile radius kid who is three hours away in a big city and he has talent. He is rated highly by the services and it would not be reaching as it doesn't seem he has a clear leader. With the need for immediate playing time, this kid could fit the bill and give us depth at this position.

Do we feel he won't fit our defense or do we have other reasons as to why we aren't going after him hard.

Rivals says he has an offer, so if he does, the question is why have we not pushed an ov or uv for January?

Think his thread mentioned grade issues.

Think his thread mentioned grade issues.

Andrew Ward apparently has grade issues as well form what I have heard. We are one of the best in academic support for athletes in the nation, so he should be fine. Unless he of course has too low of an ACT score or does not have the minimum gpa for the university, then we should move on like you said. But I have not seen that confirmed, I have just seen it speculated in his thread, I could be wrong though.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***