my god the big ten is horrible

MichiganMan

I just found http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_options.php, which has a cool search engine for looking up games and WL records. I ran a search for top 10 vs. top 10 (at game time) out of conference games 2010-2014. The SEC is 7-4. Big 10 is 2-4 (OSU 1-0, MSU 1-1, UM 0-1, UW 0-2). I'd have run other years but they only seem to give results by team and I don't feel like adding up team records to get conference records.

http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_teamrecords.php?dummy=on&allopt=on is a better link for showing all the options.

• Fire 1

because I have to much time on my hands. I have looked at stats for the conferences as a whole, to determine how bad the big 10 is. It's not as bad as it appears. I looked at over all win/loss records, win/loss records out of conference and games against fcs opponents. Granted this only through 3 weeks of the season. But the stats show that we not as bad as the media thinks. yea we have the worse win/loss record of the power 5. But our ooc opponents win/loss is the second best out out of the power 5. With us having the smallest percentage of our ooc games scheduled with FCS schools of the power 5. So yea as a conference we don't appear to be doing to well. But were not the big dumpster fire that people see us as. As for suggestions. I say schedule no FCS schools replace them with power 5 coferences first or then go to other confences for those that can't be filled. Also play more night games, get our schools in the primetime with some key games.

Over All stats

SEC 32-7 82.05%

Ind. 9-2 81.82%

Pac 12 27-6 81.82%

ACC 29-8 78.38%

Big 12 19-8 70.37%

Big 10 25-13 65.79%

Conf. USA 19-19 50%

Mountain West 16-17 48.48%

Sunbelt 12-17 41.38%

Mid American 14-23 37.84%

AAC 10-17 37%

Opponents

AAC 67-33 67%

Sunbelt 64-40 61.54%

Big 12 38-27 58%

Mountain West 61-46 57.01%

Conf. USA 67-51 56.78%

Mid American 51-41 55.43%

Ind. 56-49 53.33%

Big 10 62-57 52.10%

ACC 54-53 50.47%

SEC 53-55 49.07%

Pac 12 35-43 44.87%

FCS Opponents

Big 12 8 26.67%

ACC 14 25%

Mid American 13 25%

Sunbelt 8 24.24%

Pac 12 8 21.62%

SEC 12 21.05%

Big 10 11 19.64%

AAC 9 18.75%

Mountain West 9 18.37%

Conf. USA 7 13.46%

Ind. 4 8.33%

• Fire 1

Since 2011, the Big Ten is 1-7 vs non-conference Top 10 opponents. #TheBearFacts

That stat can be misleading. How many of those B10 teams were even ranked playing a top 10 team? A few years ago Penn State UR played Alabalama in home and home and Alabama was I think #1 both years. Was it realistic for an unranked PSU to beat Alabama? I know the big bad SEC is now 0 for their last two vs Top 10. Auburn vs FSU and Tenn vs Oklahoma. Also Alabama lost to #11 Oklahoma so really they are 0-3.

Just trying to find a glimmer of positivity for the shameful B10.

Who cares. This conference is trash.

Then whats the solution? We need to figure these things out on message boards so that we can rely the answers to our athletic departments

Added a former Big Ten coach: "It's not like 2014 came about and the league is weak. This league has been weak for a long time. If you list the Power 5 conferences, you know who No. 5 is."

The league's 8-33 regular-season record against Power 5 teams since 2010 bears that out, and the bowl record (10-21) isn't much better. But a conference that has spent much of the past decade closer to college football's basement than its penthouse has moved down yet another floor.

After Big Ten newbie Rutgers beat Washington State in Seattle on college football's opening night, the league has lost 10 consecutive games against Power 5 teams and Notre Dame. The Big Ten didn't just drop its two marquee showcases -- Wisconsin-LSU and Michigan State-Oregon -- but games it was heavily favored to win (Ohio State-Virginia Tech, Northwestern-Cal, Iowa-Iowa State). The 1-10 mark against the Power 5 is compounded by three home losses to Mid-American Conference foes.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11538745/the-fall-big-ten-oklahoma-sooners-defense-mississippi-state-bulldogs-quarterback-dak-prescott

Added a former Big Ten coach: "It's not like 2014 came about and the league is weak. This league has been weak for a long time. If you list the Power 5 conferences, you know who No. 5 is."

The league's 8-33 regular-season record against Power 5 teams since 2010 bears that out, and the bowl record (10-21) isn't much better. But a conference that has spent much of the past decade closer to college football's basement than its penthouse has moved down yet another floor.

After Big Ten newbie Rutgers beat Washington State in Seattle on college football's opening night, the league has lost 10 consecutive games against Power 5 teams and Notre Dame. The Big Ten didn't just drop its two marquee showcases -- Wisconsin-LSU and Michigan State-Oregon -- but games it was heavily favored to win (Ohio State-Virginia Tech, Northwestern-Cal, Iowa-Iowa State). The 1-10 mark against the Power 5 is compounded by three home losses to Mid-American Conference foes.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11538745/the-fall-big-ten-oklahoma-sooners-defense-mississippi-state-bulldogs-quarterback-dak-prescott

I am guessing that is a Bert Bielema quote?

I'm not an insider. What do the coaches suggest be done to fix the problem?

Yeah, the Big XII.

Seriously, other than Oklahoma and Baylor, that conference doesn't have crap. Run Nebraska, tOSU, or Wisky through that schedule, and you'd be hard-pressed to see any Ls come up save for possibly when they play Oklahoma or Baylor this year. And that didn't happen overnight, either.

Look, I'm not saying everything is awesome in the B1G and that we should just enjoy Taco Tuesday and not question the latest happenings in non-conference play--far from it, and there needs to be a s***ton of improvement in the B1G, and fast, or they will be just in saying the B1G is the worst Big 5 conference. But to say the B1G is decidedly the worst is willingly putting blinders on to how far the Big XII has sunk into becoming a one-trick (*maybe* two-trick) pony.

Then again, ESPN is not in the news business, but sports entertainment, yes?

Yeah, the Big XII.

Seriously, other than Oklahoma and Baylor, that conference doesn't have crap.

We may want to hold that argument until after tomorrow night when #20 KSU hosts Auburn.

I'm not saying the Cats will win. But if they do, there is no question which conference is #5