my god the big ten is horrible

MichiganMan

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 6m

Michigan outgained Notre Dame by 7 yards and lost 31-0.

We had about 50 yds in int returns, plus 60 more called back on the last play.

You said it.

This conference is trash.

absolutely pathetic performance by everyone today. I expect a lot of coaches to be fired by the end of the season.

i think wisconsin is the only B1G that had a decent performance
Wiscy started it by blowing a good lead in a great situation.

I will find it extremely funny if there ends up being a one loss B1G team at the end of the season and the PAC12 and SEC champions both have 2 losses.

ohio and Michigan will be lucky to be make it to .500 and go to a bowl

There are other teams in the B1G.

a win again Illinois is basically the only thing that's a guarantee.

The Big XII isn't far ahead of us if they are at all. So far, they have OU, Baylor and KSU in the rankings and if you see the people they have played, they are absolute nobodies. This week KSU plays Auburn and OU plays Tennessee. Baylor doesn't play anyone worth a crap in OOC. Texas got embarrassed by BYU and are potentially going to be completely manhandled this weekend against UCLA. West Virginia played decent against Alabama (probably as well as Wisky did against LSU. We will see how they do against Maryland who is 2-0 against nobodies so far.

This weekend will tell the tale for how the Big XII is.

OU against Tennessee

Texas against UCLA

KSU against Auburn

I'm saying this not to prove anywhere close that the Big 10 is good this year. We obviously have a problem. But, I'm pointing this out that the Big XII is potentially in the same boat. This isn't just a Big 10 problem. It's a problem of any conference that isn't in the SEC and California recruiting area. Yes, Texas and OU rake up much of the talent in Texas. But, aTm is getting the cream of the crop right now.

How does college football in general fix this problem? I have said for years, if this trend continues, college football in general will suffer. We need strong programs and conferences all over the country. Not just in a couple small areas.

How does college football in general fix this problem? I have said for years, if this trend continues, college football in general will suffer. We need strong programs and conferences all over the country. Not just in a couple small areas.

Good points overall. Give me a few years of LSU vs Alabama in NCGs and I am watching more NFL playoffs. How do we fix?

1. NFL like parity/rotating schedules determined by one governing body - not individual AD's with input from coaches. Late season OOC match ups to have weathers/team styles more equal.

2. Uniform admission standards. Can't have SEC schools recruiting any fast kid from the ghetto but cant string 3 words together.

3. First round and other bowl games not always skewed to warm weather schools. More bowl wins for B1G means better recruits, better overall rankings, etc

These are pie in the sky dreams

From Off Tackle Empire, "An Open Letter To Jim Delaney":

Sure, you're the gold standard in athletic administration. You're one heck of a visionary...

...Here's what you're not doing: engendering a culture of competitiveness; putting your teams in a position to succeed. By allowing the members of this conference to rest on their laurels, and pad their wallets in the process -- national perception, be damned -- you've become college athletics' biggest apologist.

There's a little more than that...but I think it gets the point across without waxing too poetic.

LINK

If you can get through to read this article, I agree with what he said.

The population shifts listed in that article tell the whole story. It's mind boggling to think that Florida and Georgia have doubled in population in 30 years. Football is a numbers game and the numbers don't add up for northern and Midwestern schools.

Since 2011, the Big Ten is 1-7 vs non-conference Top 10 opponents. #TheBearFacts

That stat can be misleading. How many of those B10 teams were even ranked playing a top 10 team? A few years ago Penn State UR played Alabalama in home and home and Alabama was I think #1 both years. Was it realistic for an unranked PSU to beat Alabama? I know the big bad SEC is now 0 for their last two vs Top 10. Auburn vs FSU and Tenn vs Oklahoma. Also Alabama lost to #11 Oklahoma so really they are 0-3.

Just trying to find a glimmer of positivity for the shameful B10.

Since 2011, the Big Ten is 1-7 vs non-conference Top 10 opponents. #TheBearFacts

That stat can be misleading. How many of those B10 teams were even ranked playing a top 10 team? A few years ago Penn State UR played Alabalama in home and home and Alabama was I think #1 both years. Was it realistic for an unranked PSU to beat Alabama? I know the big bad SEC is now 0 for their last two vs Top 10. Auburn vs FSU and Tenn vs Oklahoma. Also Alabama lost to #11 Oklahoma so really they are 0-3.

Just trying to find a glimmer of positivity for the shameful B10.

Who cares. This conference is trash.

LINK

If you can get through to read this article, I agree with what he said.

The population shifts listed in that article tell the whole story. It's mind boggling to think that Florida and Georgia have doubled in population in 30 years. Football is a numbers game and the numbers don't add up for northern and Midwestern schools.

So....even though we have these issues outside football that affect football programs in the north, the fashionable thing is to condemn the conference and claim the leadership sucks.

Instead of constantly complaining about this stuff, why doesn't someone come up with solutions? What do these people expect the Big Ten to do to remedy the problem?