my god the big ten is horrible

MichiganMan

Conservative, over-analyzing playcalling is dead B1G coaches are overthinking themselves to losses. People need to trust the players on their teams and just open it up and let loose. Yes there are risks, but the rewards outweigh them.

Huh...and I thought our coaching staff had a monopoly on this. Whowouldathunk?

Look at the league compared to 15 years ago. I would say it's a blip on the radar but the league has been going downhill for 5-8 years.

OSU - was typically in top 10 and producing 2-3 first rounders annually. Tressell never had a bad OOC loss like last weekend vs VT.

Mich - go look at game film from 15+ years ago and look at the studs they had on D and the O-line plus a big bruising back usually

Neb - See Mich comment above but even more studs

PSU - sanctions taking their toll but they are doing better than I thought

Purdue - embarrassing the last 10 years. They were a solid team 15 years ago beating a highly ranked 1-loss K state team in a bowl

Illinois - went from a decent team to absolutely terrible.

Why has the talent level dropped off so much? Coaching, facilities, etc?

Look at the league compared to 15 years ago. I would say it's a blip on the radar but the league has been going downhill for 5-8 years.

OSU - was typically in top 10 and producing 2-3 first rounders annually. Tressell never had a bad OOC loss like last weekend vs VT.

Mich - go look at game film from 15+ years ago and look at the studs they had on D and the O-line plus a big bruising back usually

Purdue - embarrassing the last 10 years. They were a solid team 15 years ago beating a highly ranked 1-loss K state team in a bowl

There's been grumblings about some of this laying at the feet of Delaney, having more of a focus on basketball and being a basketball man, but I don't know if that's legitimate or not.

But it's evident that the B1G, as a whole, needs to help promote the conference to recruits, and the home office needs to make moves to help them out. This can't wait until the new TV deal is in place, IMO.

There's been grumblings about some of this laying at the feet of Delaney, having more of a focus on basketball and being a basketball man, but I don't know if that's legitimate or not.

But it's evident that the B1G, as a whole, needs to help promote the conference to recruits, and the home office needs to make moves to help them out. This can't wait until the new TV deal is in place, IMO.

I dont know about that either. At the end of the day it's up to the schools to put up the money and resources and make decisions regarding their football program. ACC is a sh#t football conference too, but it didnt stop Florida St from rebuilding to an elite, championship level.

I think it's just a geographical, social issue. Football is an outdoor sport. And unlike NFL (for the most part), high school kids have a CHOICE on where they wanna play, and they wanna play in nice weather obviously. On top of the general population shift to the south to begin with.

• Fire 2