Nebraska could be Big Ten's best shot

Also, wasn't the MSU game already announced as a night game like 2 months ago?

Yes. Just as a night game. What theyre saying by announcing the ABC slot is that it is THEE game of the week. The Fowler/Herbstreit game.

The Miami game was announced as night way back when too, but the decision for ESPN 2 want made until it was clear this was not a top matchup.

Not necessarily - Nessler/Blackledge have done ABC games this year. It all depends.

The only hesitation I have before I'm fully on board the kool-aid train is how good is that Miami team we played and beat? Lets say they go 5-7 or 6-6, does that win seem as impressive at the end of the season as it does today? Heck I think their fans honestly believe they will lose to Duke this weekend. With that being said, I think I am in the same boat as many here, my main take away from the game is that our team possessed a different attitude and mentality - one that we haven't seen in sometime. Listening to Bo's presser today gave me confidence that it isn't just one or two people on each side of the ball that get it, but almost everyone (from the players to the coaches) seems to be on board and willing to do whatever they can to make this season one to remember.

For some reason, I think this question got answered a few years back when Texas came into town. We lost that game, and they pretty much finished like you described. Texas was loaded with talent much like Miami is loaded with talent. The biggest difference being we laid the wood to Miami while we sucked hind tit against Texas. I don't really think it matters how Miami finishes the season. We have the swagger we didn't have back when we lost to a similar type team a few years back. This team is really making me start to believe again. It reminds me a lot of the 93' team where we started to catch a glimmer of hope. Armstrong is a good QB, but Abdullah just seems to have that do whatever it takes to win attitude which is very similar to the attitude Frazier brought way back then.

Eliminate the offensive turnovers and they don't put up 31 points on us. That's a huge difference those turnovers. And If they actually scored points after the Santos INT, it would have been more than 41 points for us.

The only thing that concerns me about our defense, is how many yards we give up on the pass. Our run defense, isn't great, but its dependable, just needs more consistency.

Giving up 350 yds passing to a true freshman QB, unacceptable.

Miami dropped 31 on us with a freshman QB. I don't even want to think about what MSU and Wisconsin might do. I honestly don't think we are a Top 25 team at the moment.

Neither team has the talent of Miami offensively. Gordon is the only major talent on either team IMO and Wiscy has no credible passing threat. I don't think a one dimensional running attack will beat our D. MSU scares me even less offensively. I think we match up great with them as we showed last year minus the TO's. We are better then last year and MSU is worse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a full fledged Kool Aid Guzzler at all and I think your concerns about the D are valid. I just don't think Wis or MSU are good enough. Of the two Wisc would worry me more because I think they have a little mental edge on us because of how things have played out against them recently and Madison is a tough house

Miami dropped 31 on us with a freshman QB. I don't even want to think about what MSU and Wisconsin might do. I honestly don't think we are a Top 25 team at the moment.

First, I'd say they really dropped 24 on us when it mattered. The last TD was in garbage time. Would prefer it didn't exist, but, eh. Also, freshman QBs have won the last couple Heismans, so...eh. We'll get better at that, our defense gets much stronger as the season goes on. Maybe we'll still lose to MSU and Wisco, I hope not, but if we do, I think it won't be blowouts.

Second, unlike other times, I never really felt in doubt that Nebraska would win this game against Miami. Miami had a killer run defense, and we beat the everloving hell out of it. And our defense produced big turnovers at big moments.

Finally, we are undoubtedly a top 25 team.

• Fire 2

I'm not too worried about the defense yet. We'll face better offenses but, not that much speed until possibly bowl season. The defensive gameplan wasn't to keep Miami and 3 points and under 200 yards. Quite frankly if the coaches tried to gameplan for that Miami might have hung 48 on us. It was about keeping their two best receivers out of the game and contain Duke Johnson. Yeah they got a few chunk plays and scores but, never that big momentum changing type play, example: Kenny Bell's TD. I thought Saturday night was similar to 94 because Miami made some plays, Nebraska was able to respond and force some errors, Thug U became Thug U, and most importantly we wore them down from the midpoint of the 1st quarter on.

:hellloooo Forget about Miami - Next Illinois people. The coaches are looking at the film. I do not want to second guess Nebraska should of done or they did do, let take the next game. I know we had turnovers but we got turnovers ourselves. This was a brawl out - yeah. We won - mistakes both teams made. Move on.

Don't make this into a circus hint: Miami. LET GO!! Forget the polls, forget that we are 4-0 it does not count in conference play, don't worry about getting to the CCG or the final four. The season has shorten and only 8 games left to play in regular season, make'em count. Our best football in ahead of us - leave the hype behind. Deal with MSU when the time comes. There will be bad calls along the way. Our kids may have made mistakes but kept going against Miami. Ameer set records behind this line. Bo has retained himself very well this year, don't believe the hype about this guy as per media.

"Through these gates pass the Greatest Fans in

College Football."

Go B1G Red

:bonesflag:

I do not drink Cool aid - I hate cool aid