We have accomplished nothing - reality check time

knapplc

Do you not see the bolded part? Where does he accuse you of not wanting NU to win? He's questioning agenda, and he's spot on.

So you don't want to move into a vague "new direction" if we " lose to Northwestern and/or Rutgers, more injuries mount, Wisconsin stomps our injury riddle defense, and we wind up losing a bowl game." That's what his bolded comment is in response to. It was kind of buried in that tangle of a thread.

Here's a brain teaser:

Would it feel better to lose to a ranked Michigan State and beat Northwestern?

Or beat Michigan State and lose to Northwestern?

Cause those kinds of irrational mood swings happen to a lot of teams.

Which is why you can't extrapolate much until the end of the season.

(I'll go with the Big Upset and Unfortunate Letdown scenario myself)

Here's a brain teaser:

Huh... I'd have to agree. That would, at least, be confusing and lead to a lot of interesting discussions. Losing to a good team and beating a bad one would just put us between those two and be unremarkable. So, if I had to pick one, I'd choose the same way you did.

Here's a brain teaser:

Huh... I'd have to agree. That would, at least, be confusing and lead to a lot of interesting discussions. Losing to a good team and beating a bad one would just put us between those two and be unremarkable. So, if I had to pick one, I'd choose the same way you did.
Exactly, Nebraska isn't the only team that has a letdown after a BIG win. But I would prefer if it never happened.

Eeehhhhhhhh maybe,

As was eluded to, there are a few dropped INT's and what have you. And sometimes the ball bounces your way. It does appear that Ameer has conquered the though.

And Armstrong has one fumble on the season from the quarterback spot. Been a while since we had that kind of ball security there also.

• Fire 2

Given how often some moderators chide posters for negative trolling, this thread seems a little over the top.

Go sell that somewhere else. Not one single thing in that OP is even remotely controversial, and not in the least bit trolling.

I think some of the folks who've been chided would say the same thing.

I have not been chided......but your point about this thread is valid.

• Fire 1

So we're 4-0 (for the third time in the Pelini Era) and everyone's jazzed we beat Miami in a slugfest.

According to math, that's the best we can do in four games. I'll recheck the numbers, but they seem right. So based on that, I'm not going to hit the EJECT button just yet.

My take is that this won't be 1995 all over again, and some of you will have a hard time with that.

• Fire 1

I agree with the OP. This team hasn't been truly tested just yet. We'll know much more about this team come Michigan St.

Don't get me wrong, Miami has plenty of skill players, very good skill players. However, a more complete team is the Spartans from what we can see thus far.

I can't believe many people would disagree with my sentiments.

We'll find out if NEB is a paper tiger....or maaaybe Michigan St. is. Oregon struggled last week against frigging Washington St.....and Oregon wore down Michigan St in the 4th and won handily in the end.

We'll see how good the Huskers and Spartans are come next week. It won't be easy at all IMO based on one big factor: Night game for the Huskers away from home against a quality team.

Oregon has three starting Olinemen out and some of their 2nd team is hurting. Gave up 7 sacks against WSU. But WSU will be in the fight shortly, Leach is an Offensive genius.

There is more to it than just wins and losses and who you beat or beats you. It is why the team beat you that truly matters. Did McNeese state give Michigan State a plan to beat Nebraska, with their better athletes, or was it just a fluke game, that we were not really ready for. Who knows at this point in time. We ride the roller coaster every year.

We have a game tonight that could be a problem, but Michigan State, and Wisconsin if they get their starters back will present real problems. Iowa, I am not as concerned about for some reason. I think payback will be on the kids mind for that one.

Yes we are 4-0 and that is something a whole lot of teams would like to be. Most aren't so there is some accomplishment, but all of us would be a lot more impressed if Miami had been undefeated and ranked.

We are getting a lot mention in the national media. Nothing wrong with that.

Headed out for bike ride, hope to back for the start of the game.

GBR!!!!!

Shame that we can't be positive about our team. Gotta shoot em down. Question if they're good or not. We lose four games it will be "see, I told you so".

Everyone dissects every facet if this team. I get it. But, watching these other teams play today. I see busts, missed tackles. The same stuff we see from our team.

Yea, there have been some bad loses in the past. But you can't move forward looking in the rear view mirror.