Jaevon Walton

Dagerow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that class really that small? I mean...Aren't they already at around 20 open spots? With a few more guys that might still leave or quit and with RG leaving...I wonder if this class doesn't get around 23-25?

With that said, I don't care if they cut ties with kids if they think they can get better ones. I just think this class will be a bit bigger than the 17-18 people thought it would be.

Is that class really that small? I mean...Aren't they already at around 20 open spots? With a few more guys that might still leave or quit and with RG leaving...I wonder if this class doesn't get around 23-25?

With that said, I don't care if they cut ties with kids if they think they can get better ones. I just think this class will be a bit bigger than the 17-18 people thought it would be.

I think a handful will leave but I doubt it will be in time for Riley to offset the difference before signing day. I still think it ends up around 20ish now, but my guess is Riley is trying to max out each of those spots. Surprisingly, the class is remaining fairly in tact, which means he only gets to bring in 5ish of his own guys in this class. He probably has a dozen or more that he'd like to get though. Especially at TE, a position he utilizes very differently than the guys we have on the roster were recruited to fill.

I think a handful will leave but I doubt it will be in time for Riley to offset the difference before signing day. I still think it ends up around 20ish now, but my guess is Riley is trying to max out each of those spots. Surprisingly, the class is remaining fairly in tact, which means he only gets to bring in 5ish of his own guys in this class. He probably has a dozen or more that he'd like to get though. Especially at TE, a position he utilizes very differently than the guys we have on the roster were recruited to fill.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing.

From the outside looking in this doesn't make sense to me. We are dangerously thin at LB.

We just got 2 commits from Riley in his first week and that kid from Wisconsin looks somewhat promising.
Ferguson no question needs a RS year. Young and Thomas (if we get him) better be ready to strap up because they will be in the 2 deep.

I don't understand this. Most of our LB commits/targets in this class look like safetys and are gonna need two years to put on good weight. Walton seems like he could come in and provide support from the start. Given how thin and bad we were last year this seems strange to me.