Jaevon Walton

Dagerow

I don't understand this. Most of our LB commits/targets in this class look like safetys and are gonna need two years to put on good weight. Walton seems like he could come in and provide support from the start. Given how thin and bad we were last year this seems strange to me.

This is the way it used to be. McBride said that they looked for bigger safteys and converted them to LB. With Bo, our LBs seemed to react too slow. Bring me speed!

Sounds like he might not have "fit in" particularly well when he was here which was part of why he went back home. There were reports at the time that he needed to work on some things to come back and the old staff was willing to give him another chance but the new staff decided that he'd had his chance and it was time to move on.

Not trying to solely blame the new staff as it's also possible they were getting some feedback from the players as well.

If he was that good, he would becoming to play for the Huskers. I wish Walton all the luck in the future.

I do not think Bo or his staff could evaluate talent and that is way several players never got any better. It appears that the new staff looks for the extra piece called upside.

Not sure you can say that about Jaevon, it would appear that he has a lot of upside. I think this is a case where Riley knows he already has a big job in healing and bringing the team and new staff together and one more potential distraction outweighs any potential upside at this point.

If he was that good, he would becoming to play for the Huskers. I wish Walton all the luck in the future.

I do not think Bo or his staff could evaluate talent and that is way several players never got any better. It appears that the new staff looks for the extra piece called upside.

Huh? Look at Gomes, cockrell, Jean Baptiste, maliek Collins, Leroy Alexander, dpe, ameer, cethan Carter, and the list goes on and on of guys that were not highly recruited but impact players. Heck we even beat a lot of in state schools on evaluating talent like deoin Jones and Jason hall but lost out late to in state schools. They were very good at identifying talent that was often over looked. Heck, they even turned Cody Glenn into a pretty solid LB.

Huh? Look at Gomes, cockrell, Jean Baptiste, maliek Collins, Leroy Alexander, dpe, ameer, cethan Carter, and the list goes on and on of guys that were not highly recruited but impact players. Heck we even beat a lot of in state schools on evaluating talent like deoin Jones and Jason hall but lost out late to in state schools. They were very good at identifying talent that was often over looked. Heck, they even turned Cody Glenn into a pretty solid LB.

Exactly what I said, most of the players did not reach their potential. The only big time recruit is Collins and he grew up knowing NE football. Gomes may be the only one of the bunch, besides Ameer that has got better under the past staff. Talent refers to playing in the NFL.

Gomes - different position coach.

Cockerall & Baptiste - never reach full potential.

Collins - great LOCAL talent. Kaz is a good coach.

Alexander & Carter - Not great talent & we will not know if Bo's staff could have made them better, but Beck does not like the TE.

DPE & Ameer - the 2 out of 7 years of finding talent.

Exactly what I said, most of the players did not reach their potential. The only big time recruit is Collins and he grew up knowing NE football. Gomes may be the only one of the bunch, besides Ameer that has got better under the past staff. Talent refers to playing in the NFL.

Gomes - different position coach.

Cockerall & Baptiste - never reach full potential.

Collins - great LOCAL talent. Kaz is a good coach.

Alexander & Carter - Not great talent & we will not know if Bo's staff could have made them better, but Beck does not like the TE.

DPE & Ameer - the 2 out of 7 years of finding talent.

Alexander & Carter were not considered great talent out of HS.