Michigan State is Ours . . .

The interesting thing is this game isn't really a "big game" in terms of how our season goes (other than intangibles) unless we end up in the Playoff hunt.

Maveric, aren't you tired of not having high goals anymore? Not you, personally, but I mean Husker nation as a whole. Many of us have come to accept that a loss to MSU is probably likely. That would be unthinkable to Husker teams of old. We'll never return to the national championship hunt until we learn to change our thinking. We have to come in with a "we're going to kick your green rear ends" attitude and do it.

Call me an optimist, Sun, but I go into every game thinking we are going to win. Some guys I feel a lot better about that then others, but I think we will win at MSU next week. And I actually expect that we will. That is a difference from years past... I actually feel confident that we can do it. From what we've seen from Ameer, from Tommy, from the rest of the offense... from Randy, the rest of the DL, the improvement of the secondary and Zaire.... I think we've got a very good shot next weekend. I, for one, have not given up on having high goals. Call me crazy, but I could legitimately see us running the table this year.

We're going to need some luck, and some games will be tighter than others, but it can definitely be done, with the landscape of the Big 10 the way it is right now.

But I've learned to take every game as they come. Week by week. Perhaps I'm cherry picking points to make me feel better about our chances next week, but I feel really good as of right now.

The interesting thing is this game isn't really a "big game" in terms of how our season goes (other than intangibles) unless we end up in the Playoff hunt. We can lose this game and still control our destiny as far as the B1G Championship goes. Not that it won't mean anything, but it isn't a given.

That being said, I'm going to be cheering like crazy for us to win because it would be a great win for us.

It is very similar to tOSU game of 2012. It really doesn't matter by way of conference title if we handle our business elsewhere, but I am tired of tiebreakers and what ifs. This is the game we need to show that we aren't a stuck it the rut program who can't win the big one. The season doesn't end on Saturday, but it is another measuring stick along our way to getting a conference title.

Call me an optimist, Sun, but I go into every game thinking we are going to win. Some guys I feel a lot better about that then others, but I think we will win at MSU next week. And I actually expect that we will. That is a difference from years past... I actually feel confident that we can do it. From what we've seen from Ameer, from Tommy, from the rest of the offense... from Randy, the rest of the DL, the improvement of the secondary and Zaire.... I think we've got a very good shot next weekend. I, for one, have not given up on having high goals. Call me crazy, but I could legitimately see us running the table this year.

We're going to need some luck, and some games will be tighter than others, but it can definitely be done, with the landscape of the Big 10 the way it is right now.

But I've learned to take every game as they come. Week by week. Perhaps I'm cherry picking points to make me feel better about our chances next week, but I feel really good as of right now.

100% agree with your thinking. I think we can run the table, too. However, I'm amazed at the vast number of people who think it's impossible.

I think you go deep on the first play, off of play-action...set a tone, see if you get lucky and let them know you are coming for them. Then you pound the rock

I was thinking the same. Deep outside passes are actually relatively safe, provided they aren't underthrown. Not sure how many deep outside passes we've thrown this year. Beck seems to favor the inside seams. Even if it falls incomplete, it will still make MSU second guess committing 7 to the box in 3 WR sets.

Le' Dude and teach I couldn't agree with this more, especially after seeing that gorgeous ball Tommy threw deep to Bell, it could easliy result in six and have Michigan St reeling early, forcing them to respond

Our win probabilities at MSU and at Wisconsin are both right at 30%

Unlikely to run the table based on that alone (10% chance of winning both of those games, plus some non-lock games like Rutgers and Iowa that drag the odds down a bit further). In the end, about a 3% chance of going 12-0.

It could certainly happen...but it's unlikely. The F+ efficiency win probability breakdown actually puts Nebraska right at 5 conference wins.

Not to be debbie downer or anything (I know, shocking that tschu would be Buzz Killington), but if Nebraska truly is a top-10 team or a team capable of running the table, we just don't have any data that backs that up right now. Maybe we'll generate some of that awesome data Saturday.

See, a poster brought up TM...I have coached for awhile (I suck at it) but playing a team with a guy that can flat out take it to the house at anytime (As we know TM could) is soooooo freaking hard to prepare for, it is maddening when a kid takes a wrong step, when a kid doesn't keep shoulders square and so on and so on, then BAM, you let up a TD...

There is not really that worry with TA. It makes a HUGE difference.

Oh dear Lord.

Is this what hell is like?

I'd much rather have TA than TM going into this game. Fo sho.

I'll take the kid that makes you miss and kills you for 12 all night than the guy that breaks a huge one for 60 and a TD but puts us on the edge of sharting every time he bread-loaves his carries or lets it rip downfield.

I'd love to have TM back for a game like this. He did go 2-0 against the Spartans afterall and we know how last year went with TA at the helm.