Open Letter to the team - MSU 2014 Edition

Redux

Assuming we be Ruckers we play them, two losses in the Big Ten is going to be hard to overcome to make it to the CCG unless the east is weaker than we thought. Maryland obviously has a shot, I honestly expect it to be a Ohio state when it's all said and done.

Cheering for a loss in hopes that it will make it easier to win a rematch is, has always been, and will always be utterly ridiculous in my eyes.

Saturday I'll be watching from pregame until the clock strikes zero, hoping we completely kick Sparty's ass up and down the field for 60 straight minutes. I will never cheer for anything else.

Damn right yes.

Jeezus guys! "soap operas"

Just strap on your damn helmets and go to war! You know the drill better than anyone here on this board about what it takes to get to the promise land. Don't take anything for granted and play like your hair is on fire! "Just Do It"

Go Big Red!

My letter

You are playing the most overrated team in the country Saturday. They are worse then the team you played last year and you are better. They were soundly beaten by the only decent team they have played and despite that the media has them ranked 10 spots ahead of you. They don't respect you. The talking heads on BTN and ESPN don't respect you. They think your QB is garbage. Recent conversations on ESPN talked about whether a 1 loss MSU or Wisconsin team could make the playoff. You were not even mentioned as a possibility. You are less then an afterthought to these people. Are they right?

My letter

You are playing the most overrated team in the country Saturday. They are worse then the team you played last year and you are better. They were soundly beaten by the only decent team they have played

:facepalm:

oof. i hope we do not lose to such a terrible team.

also, espn has only been talking about msu/nu as the best hopes for the B1G in the playoffs.

My letter

You are playing the most overrated team in the country Saturday. They are worse then the team you played last year and you are better. They were soundly beaten by the only decent team they have played

also, espn has only been talking about msu/nu as the best hopes for the B1G in the playoffs.

was trying to come up with a gif response towards that ridiculous paragraph but a facepalm does the trick fine

My letter

was trying to come up with a gif response towards that ridiculous paragraph but a facepalm does the trick fine

You're only saying that 'cause I'm a girl.

My letter

You're only saying that 'cause I'm a girl.

you did good, girl.

My letter

First let's not be dramatic. Overrated is not equivalent to terrible. Show me

One place I said MSU was terrible or even bad. Overrated IMO. Worse then last year. Never said bad so stop trying to put word in my mouth.

Umm no. I sat through an entire conversation on ESPN (either CFB Daily or experts I think) where two guys debated whether MSU or Wisconsin was the best chance for the Big 10 this year. Then one of them piped in and said "don't count out Ohio St."

Look I don't really care if you all want to make out MSU to be the end all be all. Make all the cute little emoticons and gifs you want. They aren't that good. Just because they played a solid HALF of football against Oregon doesn't mean anything. In the end they got rolled by 19 and managed 3 second half points. Washington State was a hell of a lot more impressive and competitive against Oregon then MSU was and they are sitting at 2-3 with losses to Nevada and Rutgers. NC state played a solid 3 quarters against FSU And has one loss. They've accomplished roughly as much as MSU this year from an objective standpoint. I think MSU has a significantly worse defense this year and is drastically overrated for what they have accomplished so far this year. A lot of their ranking is nothing more then carry over from a strong finish last year.

Yes this would still be a big win for our program because let's face it we haven't played anyone either and beating MSU would help with national perception of the team. but if we do win I'm not going to act like we just knocked off Alabama or Oregon either.

Michigan State has a stellar defense. They have a vastly imoroved offense. They have home field advantage. This is not an easy game. I envy your confidence. Im nervous Ill admit. I know we are capable of winning and winning handily. But weve gotta play perfect football. We cant play with mistakes. We have to beat them up. If we go in with the overrated approach we will lose. This is a tall task, but achievable if we have the right mindset.

My letter

First let's not be dramatic. Overrated is not equivalent to terrible. Show me

One place I said MSU was terrible or even bad. Overrated IMO. Worse then last year. Never said bad so stop trying to put word in my mouth.

Umm no. I sat through an entire conversation on ESPN (either CFB Daily or experts I think) where two guys debated whether MSU or Wisconsin was the best chance for the Big 10 this year. Then one of them piped in and said "don't count out Ohio St."

Look I don't really care if you all want to make out MSU to be the end all be all. Make all the cute little emoticons and gifs you want. They aren't that good. Just because they played a solid HALF of football against Oregon doesn't mean anything. In the end they got rolled by 19 and managed 3 second half points. Washington State was a hell of a lot more impressive and competitive against Oregon then MSU was and they are sitting at 2-3 with losses to Nevada and Rutgers. NC state played a solid 3 quarters against FSU And has one loss. They've accomplished roughly as much as MSU this year from an objective standpoint. I think MSU has a significantly worse defense this year and is drastically overrated for what they have accomplished so far this year. A lot of their ranking is nothing more then carry over from a strong finish last year.

Yes this would still be a big win for our program because let's face it we haven't played anyone either and beating MSU would help with national perception of the team. but if we do win I'm not going to act like we just knocked off Alabama or Oregon either.

I'd say 75% of my response was due to it veing one of the most terrible ways possible to motivate this team. "Hay guys they're not that good anyway."