Two Plays

I can see two early game plays deciding the eventual outcome of the game.

1. On MSU's first offensive series, having Gregory break free, and on a clean, no penalty hit, just destroy their QB. Not take him out of the game physically, but shatter his nerves to the point it effects the rest of his game.

2. Tommy Armstrong completes a crossing route to Cethan that breaks for 20+ yards on our 1st or 2nd posession. This opens up all options for the rest of the game and baffles the MSU defense.

I know they (Sparty) are the type of team that can take a punch to the face and get beyond it, but that little misbalance in confidence could be enough to effect the outcome of the game in our favor.

Damn that koolaid is sweet this morning.

The start is the most important thing for the Huskers. They have started sloppy all year long but have held it together defensively.

MSU defense is too good to give up 14 points in the first quarter.

MSU will commit to stopping the run. Ameer is so talented that he will still get his, but this game sits on TA's arm. If TA plays within himself, it is winnable.. but if the turnovers start, we could be in for a long Saturday night.

• Fire 1

1. On MSU's first offensive series, having Gregory break free, and on a clean, no penalty hit, just destroy their QB. Not take him out of the game physically, but shatter his nerves to the point it effects the rest of his game.

2. Tommy Armstrong completes a crossing route to Cethan that breaks for 20+ yards on our 1st or 2nd posession. This opens up all options for the rest of the game and baffles the MSU defense.

I know they (Sparty) are the type of team that can take a punch to the face and get beyond it, but that little misbalance in confidence could be enough to effect the outcome of the game in our favor.

Sounds good, but Cethan is a tight end. Just a minor detail that is simply not true.

We HAVE to make sure they don't score on their first drive like we've let happen in every other game so far. If we get the ball first, score on the first drive, stop them on their first drive, score on our second drive, a 14 point lead might be enough to get out of there with a W. Stop them 2 or 3 times with a 3 and out, which we're the best in the country at, and capitalize on that, we get the W.

The start is the most important thing for the Huskers. They have started sloppy all year long but have held it together defensively.

MSU defense is too good to give up 14 points in the first quarter.

MSU will commit to stopping the run. Ameer is so talented that he will still get his, but this game sits on TA's arm. If TA plays within himself, it is winnable.. but if the turnovers start, we could be in for a long Saturday night.

^^^This. I've said all along that the biggest key is Tommy playing a CLEAN game. If he does that, our chances are excellent.

Sounds good, but Cethan is a tight end. Just a minor detail that is simply not true.

Pardon me for my ignorance. I know Cethan is a tight end. Perhaps I mis-labeled it as a "crossing route"...but the intent is the same. Down 5 - 7 yards then across the middle.

My biggest fear is trying to get too "cute" with the offensive play calling leading to turnovers. Our offense and OL are good enough we shouldn't have to get "cute". If we can stay with them score for score for the first half, we should be in good shape. They kind of fell apart in the second half against Oregon.

I would like the following if the team is taking requests.

1) 50 Run plays spread out amongst A Double, Imani and Newby

2) 500 Rushing yards, ya know to prove a point

3) A 74% Completion rate for Tommy with aat least one passing TD to Westerstache

4) Win the turnover battle by losing none and forcing a fumble and two picks, one for six

5) 6 Sacks for Lord Randy, he deserves the single game record

6) A special teams score via punt or kickoff return

7) A safety, Blackshirts can flip a coin for who gets the honor

8) Mark Dantonio in tears

9) ESPN mumbling profanities for not picking us

10) A beautiful well played game for 4 Quarters with minimal mistakes